FIRST TIME ON ROAD COURSE NEED HELP

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i run on my stock wheels and tires? I have micheln pilots on 2000 rims. This will be my first time ever to ride around a course so i wont be pushing it really hard. Do i need to do anything to the car? do i have to have a race suit? im gonna go out to viper days in dallas this month and although i am a rookie i dont want to show up as one! will they rent me a helmet and hardtop? any help with these questions from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 rims should be fine, but if the rubber is old it would be better to change them out. New or fairly new stock brake pads are okay the first time out, change out all fluids, check seat belts for proper operation, have car teched way in advance in case they find something so you have time to fix it. Don't need a race suit but you will need long pants, long sleeve shirt, driving gloves and helmet (snell 2000 or check the minimum at the web site), comfortable shoes. Renting a helmet is possible but not my favorite thing to do. You will most likely need a hard top but I would check the web site to make sure. Don't know about renting a hardtop.

Edit: Don't worry about looking like a rookie. I'ld rather have them think I'm a rookie the first time out and explain everything to me rather than assume that I know what I'm doing and they don't explain some minor important stuff to me.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the same questions I had; it will be my first time also so feel free to pm me if you need other info.

Archer will rent hardtops (and I will be renting one also)-call John to reserve one.

Bill

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sparky:

Bobby Archer Motorsports will be there (ViperDays) with a full supply of helmets you can purchase when you arrive. They carry the better makes (don't skimp protecting your pumpkin) ranging from $300 to $1000. I wouldn't bother trying to rent one. Besides, they get all sweaty inside...

Rich

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill-

Ulysses is right on everything. You can run on your stock rims and tires. Obviously new tires are better! Your car can be completely stock. All you need for safety is long pants, long sleeve shirt, closed toed gym shoes and a helmet with the rating of Snell 95 or better. I do not know of any place that rents out helmets due to insurance and lawsuits. You can buy one while at the track thru Bobby Archer. He will be selling helmets and lots of other safety equiptment and tires! Please call Bobby for more information 817-877-1772 If you have and RT 10 then you must have a roll bar or a hard top in order to drive with Viper Days. You should have all of your fluids checked and a once over on the car before you get to the track. Viper Days also does a safety inspection of your car before it is allowed on the track. If we do find something wrong you can go to Archer Racing Accessories who is also at the track. They can do all of the track side service for your car from fluid changes to alignment to engine mods. Please call JOhn for more information 218-727-4806.

You will not be the only other rookie out there. No need to worry!! If you have additional questions please feel free to call me at 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney!