Fixed fuel leak now check engine light is on

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a post recently about a leaking fuel hose, last week my wife took the snake out to the store, when she left I noticed a fuel puddle in the garage, I called her right away, when she came back she let me know that there was a check engine light on. Unless it's a coincidence I would assume maybe the fuel pressure was low and that in turn set off the check engine light? Today I fixed the leaking fuel line and finished installing my headers, I unplugged the 3 connectors to the PCM for a minute or two then plugged them back in, started the car and no check engine light at first but after a few min it reappeared. I also searched my repair manual looking for a way to self diagnose the PCM, I was hoping I could jump a wire and get a blinking light to let me know the code but I don't think the Viper PCM has this feature. Well I unplugged the PCM again and I'm going to let it sit overnight, after that I guess I'll order a OBDII reader from Roe to find out what the code is, my main reason for this post is to see if anyone thinks the fuel leak could have caused a code to appear?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, you can do the turn key on/off on/off for 5 times and have the check engine light "blink" the codes. The codes are in the back of the factory service manual. Unfortunately, the "blink" codes are generic and may not pinpoint the problem.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure...but I don't think the blinking MIL (check engine light) functions as a code reader on a 99. Still worth a try, however. If that fails, try AutoZone...and ask them to read the code for you...it's free.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked it at AutoZone today... O2 Sensor, high voltage, bank 2 sensor 1... does high voltage indicate a lean condition?

Adam

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bank 2 sensor #1 would this be the passanger pre cat 02 sensor? Also the higher the voltage of an O2 sensor the leaner it is correct?