Flat black on yellow

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of any Yellow vipers with flat black stripes? Would prefer pictures of an RT with this combo, but Im trying to get an idea of what it would look like. I found silver, white, and black, but no luck on flat black. Thanks.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone has their own prefrence, but I wouldnt like flat black on shiny yellow.
the new camaros have those vinyl stripes and they look great from far away but in my opinion look cheap up close.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want to see what it would look like on your yellow viper you could adding vinyl stripes or using Plasti-Dip.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/

Either would be an inexpensive alternative to actually adding stripes. Then if you don't like it you would be able to simply remove.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great,,,,, But i would say that...

You must be registered for see images attach

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Awesome!!! FLAT Black on yellow is sharp!
Remember there are lots of different shades of flat and in-between gloss blk....sheer satin, satin finish, low shine, etc.

Dave

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I too am not a big fan of flat black stripes......but.......I absolutely love Baz's car and, for his car with the black wheels, its just a perfect combination.

I too was looking at stripes for my red RT, kinda put on hold, but I've seen both and prefer the gloss stripes to the flat. Also, if you look closely, I think Baz's stripes are more of a matt finish than a pure flat.

At the end of the day, you have to like it on your car. Viper mods, especially visual ones, seem to be purely a personal taste issue. Just make sure that what you choose, is something you can live with over the long term....a pain if you decide to remove and replace with something else! Ahhhh, but better than paint!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments .It is all down to personal taste ..

Yes thats a Childs booster seat for my 7yr old daughter Shelby

Hood vents are painted matt black kept originals ( check the hood on the silver GTS next to mine thats where spares came from )

The sticker on the roll over hoop is an indy 500 ,Just liked it ffrom the 96 pace cars. WWW.RACEGRPHICS.NET Neil UK great guy and good mate..

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz, I remember now, because I have a 6 (almost) year old daughter named Shelby! :)

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz...where did you purchase your stripes? Are they 3 mils thick (Avery brand)? I think I finally decided to convert mine into a bumblebee... :smirk:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz, everytime my kids see a Shelby Mustang, they think she was named after it! :)

By the way, a couple of questions on the air deflector under your side sills:

- Did you make it or have it made?
- What is it made out of?
- Is it powder coated black?
- Where does it mount?

Sorry for the questions, but I really like the look and may want to put on my RT.

Thanks!

Peter

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes are from Neil UK WWW.RACEGRAPHICS.NET they are 3M .. Speak to neil aas he ships alot to the USA ,Tell him Baz sent you Great guy and a good mate..

Side splitters are reproduction of the GTS-R 100 built cars but in CF with a alloy underside,made by a UK club member Colin in cold wet Scotland LOL.......

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz, I think you've inspired me to change to flat black stripes. I'm going to contact Neil and have some shipped soon.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Baz. Did you order 40 ft. of the 8 inch wide stuff, like Aaron ("Bad Asp") described in his DIY?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Baz! Oh, and FB, Red owners wear specially developed yellow glare reducing glasses to protect eyes and general health! :lmao:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, look on the bright side, red owners...we are reducing the amount of yellow by putting on stripes...lol! :smirk:

OP
OP
O

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the matte black look, but I am now wondering what a dark grey/charcoal would look. Has anyone does this? I want to do something a little different than the usual black. Ive see so far Black, white, silver, and matte black. My favorite as of now is the matte black.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a few emails so i thought id just reply here, Baz's does have the 3M matt stripes. If you never striped a viper before before it is quite a task to acheive a good finish and time consuming for a professional, i recall Bazs took over a day to do

Ive supplied/applied the 3M vinyl to several of my own vipers over the years and other UK and international viper owners around the world (and quite a few mustang stripe kits) The 3M vinyl is great product but horrendously expensive now, I striped a viper just before christmas and just to buy the vinyl was $245.00 its so expensive here its impossible to sell it. Its made in the US so you would far better off finding a sign shop in your area that could supply and cut them for you

have now swapped over to a Mactac matt vinyl which is just as good and no-where near the cost of the 3M vinyl and has a nice finish, if you want to save a bit of money I'd recommend that material, youll never know the difference between it and the 3M vinyl

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte