Found a '96 Viper! Can someone help me though

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a \'96 Viper! Can someone help me though

I've come across an IMMACULATE '96 RT/10 w/ power windows and a hard top w/ 18k miles on it for only $40,500. I'm thinking this is a GREAT deal and I don't wana pass it up, but I wana make sure and figured some owners would know best!
smile.gif
What do you guys think? To me it seems really cheap (which kinda worries me!) What problems should I look for?

Any advice or insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Duke

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Found a \'96 Viper! Can someone help me though

Duke, i bought a 96 rt/10 last year at this same time of year paid 39,080.00 lease payoff had to fly out to buy it and car was white/blue i know color does affect value stay away from white/green. Just my .02 Jerry

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1996 RT/10 with POWER WINDOWS ????
How can this be??-- Have the doors been replaced?? Or are there a few late ones that got '97 windows?? My VIN (last 5 #'s) is 10773 out of 10780 for 1996 RT/10's, and I do not have power windows.
Check it out ??
Goo Luck !!

OP
OP
N

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
96 RT did not come with power windows. Is it aftermarket or a 97?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it does have the power windows but is a '96. I guess it must be aftermarket. The vin checks out on carfax so I doubt its been wrecked and replaced with doors. Thanks for that info though, I will ask about that!
smile.gif
As far as color goes, it is red w/ yellow rims (not too crazy about those though) and has the Viper emblem in yellow on the sides of the car.

Thanks for all the input so far!
smile.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be real careful if it has power windows? The only aftermarket system I have seen was not all that impressive. That alone explains why the price is so low. You need to do a little more research before you pull the trigger on this one.

Get the vin and run it through a Viper friendly dealer. Then find out why it has the power windows? Then see if these are the original doors?

Remember, you generally get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC