Found my Dyno Charts

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going though old papers in my desk, and found my stash of Dyno charts.

It's a nice timeline of mods and associated dyno performance.

Bone stock: 435 hp 461 lb-ft

K&Ns: 442 hp 478 lb-ft

Exhaust (BB Headers, high flow cats, Corsa Track): 454 hp 501 lb-ft

Kai

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Kai SRT10,

I like to see the increase in power with every mod.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are for an SRT? They seem low. Of the ones I saw for 05's they are about 500 rear wheel torque.

Gerald

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Kai,

Aren't you in Colorado or some other high elevation? Did you install 3.55's?

With the some mods, I'm at 505 rwhp and 532 rwtq at sea level.

I haven't seen any stock 05's any higher than yours yet, when considering the elevation.

Nice mods.

Dan

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kai,

With the some mods, I'm at 505 rwhp and 532 rwtq at sea level.

I haven't seen any stock 05's any higher than yours yet, when considering the elevation.

Nice mods.

Dan

I'm running the stock 3.07s.

Yes. I'm in Colorado. The air is very thin up here. My car can only run 13.2 at the local drag strip. Some day, I will drive to sea level and see how it does with air that has actual oxygen in it.

Kai

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my '01 stock also ran a 13.228/109.36 mph at bandimere this past august as well. temp was 70 degrees. elevation ***** but converting it to sea level not accounting for density altitude made it very near a flat 12 second run. not bad for either of us if you look at it that way.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kai -

First off, thanks for the post and the results of the mods. Definitely interesting to see what each will do.

As far as the quote above, doesn't the dyno adjust for altitude for the SAE correction? I thought that was a definite factor so that the dyno numbers could all be compared fairly. As far as the '05's, I doubt seriously that they make any more power on average than any other SRT. Every once in a while you get an anomaly, but on average I suspect they are the same.

Thanks again for the informative post!

Chris

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kai -

First off, thanks for the post and the results of the mods. Definitely interesting to see what each will do.

As far as the quote above, doesn't the dyno adjust for altitude for the SAE correction? I thought that was a definite factor so that the dyno numbers could all be compared fairly. As far as the '05's, I doubt seriously that they make any more power on average than any other SRT. Every once in a while you get an anomaly, but on average I suspect they are the same.

Thanks again for the informative post!

Chris

Yes, the dynos are SAE corrected for altitude, etc., but it's pretty useless to compare different dynos at different shops, as they are going to be different regardless of correction factors. You can dyno your car at one shop, get one number, then go across town and dyno your car at a different shop (same altitude, same weather conditions) and get different numbers.
I just use the dyno to compare relative changes, and so long as I'm using the same shop, I figure that I am minimizing error as a result of using different equipment.
One thing regarding high altitude, however, is that modifications which improve air intake and exhaust evacuation (K&N's, headers, etc.) will net less benefit at high altitude. I would wager that if I had my car dynoed at sea level, that the net gain on my mods would have been higher.

Bandimere speedway is at 5860 feet above sea level.
My 1/4 mile time was 13.281 @ 111.36mph. I'm going to put some Nitto drag radials on the car this summer, and hopefully pick that up a bit. With luck, I won't fry my clutch in the process.

You must be registered for see images attach