Just got my 05 back from Dyno tune!

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll first give a little history of my Viper since I dont post much. I purchased the car last year and withing a few months had some Belanger headers, high flow cats and cat back exhaust installed with some 3.73's. I was very happy with the car buit decided to get her tuned. Before the Viper, I owned a SRT-10 Ram and had a B and G computer installed which I though woke the car up quite a bit. So after doing a little research, I decided to get a SCT tuner and have a local shop custom tune the Viper. All said and done, before the tune with the exhaust setup I ran a max hp of 449.5 hp at 5650 - 5700 RPM and 444.9 tq at 4750 RPM. After the tune the car made 459.5 hp at 5650 RPM and max tq of 469.5 at 4250 RPM. I was surprised that we didn't make more but all in all we kept the a/f above 11 after the tune but is mostly in the 12's to be on the safe side. The big difference with the tune is the car is making over 440 lb ft of torque by 2600 RPM. Before the tune, it took me to 4150 RPM to make 440 lb ft (remember, max tq before was 444 @ 4750, so thats near my before max tq but at 2600 RPM!)!! The turque curve is no longer a curve but a flat line from 2000 RPM to 5500 RPM when it starts to drop off. All in all the throttle responce seems much better but this hasn't helped my traction issues. :omg:

BTW, we used a Superflow Dyno which I've been is by others is notorious for being a "dream killer" on the dyno. The numbers on his dyno I've heard are lower then the Mustang and Dyno Jet Dyno's. The owner of Jannetty Racing in CT where I got the work does says, "my dyno tells the truth"!! They also were very surprised by the before numbers. I have to thank Lou Belanger for that one, he told me the car would make some nice tq numbers down low with his setup!! I have the comparision graph but I'll have to have it scanned or I'll take a picture of it.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Derek that's great news! I'm planning on taking my GenII in to Ted for a dyno tune in about two weeks. BTW, we have a dyno day scheduled at Jannetty Racing on May 30th. Ted has been a pleasure to work with so far. :2tu:

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Derek that's great news! I'm planning on taking my GenII in to Ted for a dyno tune in about two weeks. BTW, we have a dyno day scheduled at Jannetty Racing on May 30th. Ted has been a pleasure to work with so far. :2tu:
Ted teold me about the dyno day, I'm gonna be there. Jannetty just had an open house yesterday and had a great turnout, I wasnt able to make it, I just stoped in to pick up my car. FYI, they're gonna have to cut a hole in your headers to put an O2 **** in for the tune. ITs gonna add about $100 to the tune.

One more thing Tony, I'm competing at Mohegan Sun on May 17th. Maybe you could organize a few local guys to come up if anyones interested. Its a qualifier for Worlds Strongest Man and the same competition I beat Mariusz in last year!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some nice numbers. I will be heading out for the dyno day and really looking forward to it. I put down 489hp and 513 on a mustang not too long ago. It will be a nice comparison.

Good on the qualifiers. I am going to try to make it. Is it just sunday?

Ted teold me about the dyno day, I'm gonna be there. Jannetty just had an open house yesterday and had a great turnout, I wasnt able to make it, I just stoped in to pick up my car. FYI, they're gonna have to cut a hole in your headers to put an O2 **** in for the tune. ITs gonna add about $100 to the tune.

One more thing Tony, I'm competing at Mohegan Sun on May 17th. Maybe you could organize a few local guys to come up if anyones interested. Its a qualifier for Worlds Strongest Man and the same competition I beat Mariusz in last year!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Derek we're going to do a tail pipe sniff as opposed to drilling the headers. Some of us already have wideband sensors installed and we'll use those where we can but no tuning on 5/30 as of right now. With 10+ Vipers that would make for an incredibly long day. However, I will post this up in the tuning thread on our regional forum. If we have a small turnout maybe Ted can sneak in some tuning time.

Ted, we have TatorToga on 5/17...otherwise I'd love to round up some of the locals and come down to Mohegan to cheer you on. What's the schedule for 5/17? I'll try to make it in the afternoon if I can. Anything going on Sat May 16th?