Fresh air intake help needed

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Gen II GTS with the Paxton setup. I want to catch the air from the hood opening and direct it into the super charger, of course thru an air filter. The problem is that there is almost no room to do this. I search this forum and found some systems but I could not find any with the Paxon system. Maybe I missed it. Anyway, I’m looking for suggestions. I was thinking of filling a trash bag with spray foam and putting that under the hood and closing it to get the shape I am working with. Then either do carbon fiber or sheet metal. Any input would be greatly appreciated. The system which comes with the Paxton setup will not work for me.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to mess with that? What I remember is that there is negative pressure at the scoop at speed. So it would potentially **** air out of your air box or you would at least have to overcome this to pull air in.

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to mess with that? What I remember is that there is negative pressure at the scoop at speed. So it would potentially **** air out of your air box or you would at least have to overcome this to pull air in.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

I can't pull hot air from my engine compartment for my SS as per the designed system from Paxton.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your wasting your time, the major problem with the paxton intake is that it has a restriction not the fact that the air is not from outside.

Been there done that, in the end you loose 50hp at the wheels from the paxton elbow/filter combo. Made a custom one and dyno tested it back to back to make sure the problem was solved and it was.

On a side note DC makes a cold air paxton intake, they will not discuss dyno numbers but claim the air intake is cooler.

I will take my dyno tested product over that any day of the year.

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your wasting your time, the major problem with the paxton intake is that it has a restriction not the fact that the air is not from outside.

Been there done that, in the end you loose 50hp at the wheels from the paxton elbow/filter combo. Made a custom one and dyno tested it back to back to make sure the problem was solved and it was.

On a side note DC makes a cold air paxton intake, they will not discuss dyno numbers but claim the air intake is cooler.

I will take my dyno tested product over that any day of the year.

Thank you, I'll call DC tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang