Friendly wavers smelled my gas?

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had driven 20 miles and noticed a strong gas odor in my car. I pulled over and got out to look at where the smell was coming from and saw gasoline drenched on the side, back and bumper.
I knew right away what I had done. H-E-double hockey sticks, now I really felt stupid. Two cars had just gone by me on the highway and the occupants of both vehicles waved frantically and pointed at me, or so I thought at the time. All I did was wave back.
rolleyes.gif

Too bad the gas cap isn't attached to the car for people like me.

The gas stain is still all over the car after washing it. Does somebody have an easy fix to get the stain(s) off? More soap?

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armor All Paste wax is excellent for cleaning most stains off of paint, I do not use it to wax the car.

I've used it with wonderful results removing various stains and marks from paint as well as gasoline spills. Unlike those mail order products it is inexpensive and readily available at any auto parts store.

Good luck, I hope you don't have any paint damage.
P.S. So friendly wavers don't smell your gas, try some Pepto-Bismol!
lol[1].gif

OP
OP
V

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I looked for all the products mentioned and found The Armor all car wax in a bottle (no paste available?)and it worked well.