From PartsRack: Carbon Fiber Dash.... Pics

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I emailed Jon a few weeks back expressing some interest in a carbon fiber dash kit. He told me a quick story about a bad experience some years back which drove him to stop selling this kit. Since the discussion resurfaced he gave me the opportunity to order it and submit this thread in hopes of creating a new buzz.

Install was simple. Prepping the surface is key!!! I used about a 3/2 solution of rubbing alcohol/water mix. Using a clean terry cloth rag I cleaned the area twice. Now although I am not sure if I plan on using the entire kit, subtlety is the key IMO, the pics is what I have applied so far. I removed the center/radio surround for the application but left the door handle surround in place.

Anyone interested contact JonB PartsRack.

Thanks again Jon!!! :2tu:

DSC014141.JPG

DSC014171.JPG

DSC014111.JPG

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.........Install was simple. Prepping the surface is key!!! I used about a 3/2 solution of rubbing alcohol/water mix. Using a clean terry cloth rag I cleaned the area twice. Now although I am not sure if I plan on using the entire kit, subtlety is the key IMO, the pics is what I have applied so far. .Thanks again Jon!!!

Rob! That was fast, We just sent out your RT/10 THIRTEEN PC KIT 3 days ago..... but there seem to be 8 PIECES MISSING ?! Are you sure you were using RUBBING Alcohol ?!?

Thanks for the post.....[ I bet you can sell any pcs you DONT use!?]

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the bad experience Jon? I've always wondered about these glue on kits but the pics so far look good.

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon I have all the pieces. I placed them up and evaluated the look. Im gonna stick with just these few pieces for now. I have an after market glove box with sneaky pete on it and I don't wanna cover it. Total pieces used so far is six.

I may sell some of the pieced I do not use.

Yes this is basically a sticker kit. More commonly referred to as "overlay". At a fraction of the cost for effectively the same look you cannot go wrong.

:usa:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used one of this glue on kits in anohter car of mine and now 5 years later, no issues at all. Still looks brand new. Keep is prepping the surface and smoothing out the pieces.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What was the bad experience Jon? I've always wondered about these glue on kits but the pics so far look good...

Tony, I had 2 back-to-back issues on GEN 1 "fuzzy dash" cars where I learned to warn the customer about prep.

They had "issues" anyway, that they blamed on me; and a guy in MD had ONE piece of 18 keep falling off. We replaced it TWICE under warrantee, and he still charged back the credit card for the full kit price. Since I am intolerant of time-wasting problems, I bailed. I probably over-reacted.

Rob asked me to get re-involved, and voila ! We now have these avail in 4 CF-Look applique colors for Gen 2-3-4. Pieces are 1.0 - 1.5mm thick veneers. From $299-$399/kit.

(Oh, and Gen 1 , cash only !!!!!!)

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Oh, and Gen 1 , cash only !!!!!!)

Great way to solve that problem Jon. Ive already got someone interested in some of the remaining pieces. I had the car out today and I think the subtle look really makes the difference in this instance. It's all based on preference.

Thanks again for another great buying experience!:headbang:

:usa:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
........ Ive already got someone interested in some of the remaining pieces. I had the car out today and I think the subtle look really makes the difference in this instance. It's all based on preference. Thanks again for another great buying experience!... :usa:

ROB: Would you mind posting a photo of those unused pieces please ? Maybe you'll sell em ALL. THANKS !

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put on a kit a few years ago and it has never had any problems. I've even removed and remounted the center console piece 3 times and it still sticks. The adhesive that's on there is pretty sticky. I can't remember where i got it but it works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456