Front Coilover, Gen 3-4 question

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a new passenger side coilover for my 04 viper as it has a slight leak. Is there a difference between Gen 3/4 coilovers and does anyone have one laying around that they would like to part with? Thanks.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen IV shocks have a 5% stiffer spring rate (Front: 210 lb/in Vs. 200 lb/in on a Gen3). The damping on the Gen IV shocks was reportedly also re-tweaked slightly to match the new rates and re-tuning for PS2s. In the rear, the spring rates also went up 5%; from 500 lb/in (Gen 3) to 525 lb/in on the Gen IV.

If anyone is interested, I have a very nice pair of Gen IV front shocks with less than 2k miles on them for $425/pair plus shipping. I installed a set of lowering caps on them and was looking for a pair of like-new rears to match, when I decided to buy a new set of KW V2s instead (thanks Jon B.). So a set of four new machined aluminum lowering caps (good for 5/8"-3/4" lowering) is included with the deal. These shocks are pristine clean and are part #05181432AA with spring #05181439AA. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send photos of both fronts. Original spring caps are also included. New these are around $800 each! :crazy2:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oddly enough the Gen3 part is superseded to the Gen4 part if it is replaced although they come without the spring, if you need just one call me and I think I have one loose one, you should change the spring over though.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen IV shocks have a 5% stiffer spring rate (Front: 210 lb/in Vs. 200 lb/in on a Gen3). The damping on the Gen IV shocks was reportedly also re-tweaked slightly to match the new rates and re-tuning for PS2s. In the rear, the spring rates also went up 5%; from 500 lb/in (Gen 3) to 525 lb/in on the Gen IV.

If anyone is interested, I have a very nice pair of Gen IV front shocks with less than 2k miles on them for $425/pair plus shipping. I installed a set of lowering caps on them and was looking for a pair of like-new rears to match, when I decided to buy a new set of KW V2s instead (thanks Jon B.). So a set of four new machined aluminum lowering caps (good for 5/8"-3/4" lowering) is included with the deal. These shocks are pristine clean and are part #05181432AA with spring #05181439AA. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send photos of both fronts. Original spring caps are also included. New these are around $800 each! :crazy2:

Would you part with just the lowering caps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32