Front license plate bracket from Partsrack

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the removable front license plate bracket from Jon B and it is awesome!! I was concerned about it rubbing on my paint, but the way it's made basically eliminates that! It's made of hard rubber in a wishbone shape that holds securely to the front fascia. I'll probably only use it after I've had a few cold ones at ******* or similar situation..don't need to give the local law enforcement any reason to pull me over!! Thanks Jon B!! :2tu:

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it held on ? Do you have any Pics ?
I'm interested !

Cheers

Jeff
Sorry..no pics..wifey is outta town with the camera. It's hard to explain, but it is two pieces of hard rubber in the shape of a wishbone. They clamp on the front fascia. Each one has a flat side on the opposite end of the wishbone that attaches to the plate with screws. The wishbones are kind of shaped like a "C" on the side that clamps. When you look at them as a whole..they each look like a "l" with a "C" connected. The "l" being the part that goes flat against the plate. They attach very securely. Man...it's really hard to explain..I hope that helps. It doesn't look like what I was expecting...it looks better!! $49..you won't be disappointed!!

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one too and think it's a must have. The SD cops are starting to pay attention to the no-front-platers and this is the best solution. The CA vehicle code says that if the DMV only issued you one plate then you don't need a front plate. It used to be that if you ordered a custom plate over the web you could select to get one plate or two. So, technically, if you were stopped you could cite the code and tell them you were only sent one plate. I don't think that arguement would fly with most cops however and so you'd probably have to go to court to make your case. Not worth the trouble.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don is this what it looks like ??
511License1.JPG

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeap thats the bracket from jon b. and dam its on one hot looking car heheheh those white viprs are the best.

yeap thats my car wasthat pic from tators ??

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THAT PIC IS IT !

Thanks for the feedback and the pix.

The brackets have BARBS on the end than snap in place as you slide them over the crosshairs. You just spread them apart for removal. Due to facia variances, G1 - G2 - G3 are each different.

Keep front plate mounted and in the back... IF you get stopped you just say "OOOPS...I took it off for the car wash...lemmeee just pop it right back where it belongs." You pass the mandatory ATTITUDE CHECK and get on down the road.....

They even work for the longer European plates

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we get a picture of it not installed? I'd like to see if it will rub or touch the facia in any way.

FLX

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!!! I just ordered one for my 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS. I just picked up my Viper two weeks ago and being from NJ it is a matter of time before I would get pulled over.

The front end looks better with out the plate, but it's nice to cruise w/o the potential hassle.

NY VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep! I took the picture of your license plate bracket at Tator's BBQ. You were parked next to me and I liked the bracket.I have been looking for something like that. There was another interesting bracket there but a little too much (see pic)...the PartsRack bracket offers alot of flexibility and is not too obtrusive. I ordered one from John B. the next day.

511License1.JPG

511License2.JPG

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don is this what it looks like ??
511License1.JPG
That be it Jeff. Used it for the first time yesterday on my way back from KC (60 mile drive) and no rub marks!! I want to devise a way to secure it on the back. Maybe a couple of screws in the rubber with a rubber band to squeeze it together in case of a wicked burst of sideways wind...like passing a semi.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT PIC IS IT !

Thanks for the feedback and the pix.

The brackets have BARBS on the end than snap in place as you slide them over the crosshairs. You just spread them apart for removal. Due to facia variances, G1 - G2 - G3 are each different.

Keep front plate mounted and in the back... IF you get stopped you just say "OOOPS...I took it off for the car wash...lemmeee just pop it right back where it belongs." You pass the mandatory ATTITUDE CHECK and get on down the road.....

They even work for the longer European plates
Hey Jon...do I get some kind of commission for the increase in sales due to ME posting this thread?? :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THAT PIC IS IT !
Hey Jon...do I get some kind of commission for the increase in sales due to ME posting this thread?? :D

Heck yes! For every 10 you sell, Ill send you a surprise grab-bag of Viper doo-dads! Count em down HERE and Ill pay up !

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God, that just does not look right! If a cop pulls you over for no front plate, they are either bored or the donut shop is closed. I wonder how much a ticket would be?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the front plate block airflow and make the car run hotter? I can just imagine how thrilled you might be to plunk down the $$$ for an nice aluminum radiator and then stick the plate in front. Just curious.

BWT, it you do need one, that is definitely the nicest I've seen. I will probably order one.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered one from JonB, and it works very well, but, I still don't want a front plate, so here's how I plan things:

First stop: "Officer, I got the car recently and don't really know what to do about the front plate issue. If you'll cut me some slack I promise I'll find out and remedy it."

Second stop: "Officer, I have a plate bracket on order and will have it by the weekend. Dodge doesn't make one for it and I had to lay out fifty bucks for an after-market contraption!"

Third and subsequent stops: "Officer, I was at the car show yesterday and I just forgot to put it back on. Here, let me reach in the trunk and get it."

I'll run a front plate when they pry my cold, dead fingers off my steering wheel! :2tu:

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi JonB - That's my front plate bracket at Tator's BBQ(on my Silver SRT). Glad to spread the word on a very good product.I did get thru the tolls at the Throggs Neck Bridge without a problem that day unlike other who posted that they were stopped. I promptly put it in the trunk at home.
It was a great time & people enjoyed the day and I got a chance to present the Black Fading Tint side panels on the car (thanks to SCLSRT) and show the two new Windbaffle models & the LONE RANGER co-pilot I brought along (aka Bernie). Thanks JonB for the "peace of mind" of an easy on-off front plate backet and your quick delivery!!
BobS :usa: :2tu: :usa:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Saphire - I ordered one today - so you're at least 1/10th of the way towards the goodie bag. Don't like the looks of a front plate on a Viper, but just don't want to deal with the hassles of being pulled over - especially if I happened to have stopped for one :laugh: quick barley-pop at a fine wing establishment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas