Front plate??

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine came with the brackets but i made sure i removed them, i have refused to keep a front tag on ever since my first corvette, even though they dont look as bad on the viper's, i still hate them!!! I dont know of much of a way to keep them from bothering you except for trying to hide your front end when you see them (sneak a little beside another car or something). In my case most officers never bothered me, there were just like 2 that every single time they saw me they would stop me... Wish they would just go to a 1 plate system instead of 2!!!

Reaction score
Too bad we have to pay cops to protect us from having no front plate! These kind of cops we don't need on the streets of america we have enough real crime for them to take care of , speeding , window tinting, loud music just a few crimes they can forget. Mister policeman go fight CRIME your just another
TAX COLLECTOR. GET OFF THE MAIN STREETS AND LEAVE THE WORKING TAX PAYING PEOPLE ALONE. GO GET THE LAZEY BUM NOT WORKING STEALING , drug people , Yes go earn your pay be a real cop not a ***** . Thanks have a nice day.

OP
OP
J

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats all it is too is another tax and they wont even admit it.. look at dc with their stupid photo radar, what does that do exactly except for raise more money?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did put a tag on the front of mine. I figured that the car was already a cop magnet and if there was no tag up front they would have something to comlain about. I'm probably being a wiener, giving in like this. It looks crappy on the front. I was thinking of bending the plate to roll around the bottom of the grill opening. It could serve as a shield for scrapes. Think they would buy that?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blackws6ta:
I just noticed something.......Vipers don't have any area in the front of them to put on a license plate. What do you people do to avoid tickets? I got nailed a few times in my Trans Am for no license plate and got $86 dollar fines. How do you guys avoid it? Do you have to go down to a police station and get them to give you something that will stop the cop instead of disputing every ticket? Thanx for the info guys. (Might be a Viper owner soon so I'm just wondering!!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Do you have to go down to a police station and get them to give you something that will stop the cop instead of disputing every ticket?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's real funny.
laugh.gif

oncebitn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my two cents...

I like the suction cup front plate mount. But will still not use a front plate as it recks the look for the Viper from the front as many of you have said.

It's just another cost of owning a Viper (or luxury sportscar).

I received a ticket in my brother's Vette for not having a front plate. His excuse was that there have been several robberies in the area with cars that had no front plate. I tried to be nice to him and didn't laugh as who would steal a brand new Corvette Convertible to rob a bank. It is just too easy to spot in a crowd.

Anyhow, maybe we can have fun with this and get some other excuses from the police for needing a front plate.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get them sometimes. Just depend on how the "monkey" feels when he pulls me over. If he writes it - no biggie - I just pay it.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as an aside, did you hear about the guy who got the vanity tag that said "NONE"? The thing was that every car that had ever been involved with the cops without having a tag on it had been written into a report as tag "NONE" and this guy was always getting the results of that every time he had his tag number run through the computer by cops who stopped him for one thing or another. This might be an urban legend, I don't know.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A PBA card or two on the dashboard usually helps.
Has worked so far.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember one of the NJ guys saying that he went his local dealer and they wrote him up a form from the parts department that basically said the front tag bracket was on backorder. Every so often he would get another one with another date. He showed this to the police and they would let him go.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm.. interesting. i have my front plate bend into the curve of the windshield and keep it on the passenger side inside in the lower corner (you can pretty much shove at least two corners of the plate into the windshield weatherstrip and fasten it that way.. if you get it right it will not fall even during the most spirited driving... another solution is to suction-cup-it at the same location...

so far i have yet to be pulled over and i have been driving liek that for 2 months and plenty of cops have seen me.. so far no trouble.

so far..
biggrin.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine used. It came to me with a permanently mounted front license plate bracket. It's attached by two screws up underneath and two screws drilled right straight into the nose. ARGH! This is one issue that never occured to me at all until I read this post. Looks like I'm stuck with it in the front cause if I take it off I'll have 2 screw holes in the nose.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No front plates required in Kansas, although it is "optional" if you have personalized plates (they figure since you paid extra for the plates you can have two of them). The guy that designed the removable bracket (suction cups) is our own Frank from Kansas City. It is a very slick set up and seems to work well. I am told somebody here had it eventually pop off the car at speed. I suspect there is some way to tie something to the bracket in case it ever gets loose. Otherwise I would wet the suction cups before every outing to make sure they held up. Of course I won't put a plate on the front of mine - personalized or not!

Chris

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IL requires front plates, but it has not been a problem for me at all and I have not have a front plate for over 10 years. Many, many times I have had officers walk to the front to get my plate number, and then simply turn around and walk to the back to get it. No problem, other then the original ticket that they stopped me for...