Full Belanger + K&N + Tune Results

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my car back from tuning earlier this week. The baseline is bone stock, and the red line is a full belanger exhaust with cats, K&N intake, and a tune. Picked up 40whp/40wtq. In case you're wondering what the keychain is doing on the graph - I used it to cover up my name. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What tune did you go with? Did you purchase an SCT and tune it on the dyno?

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Baseline seems low for a stock Gen 3 - should be putting down 450-ish at the rear wheels. No matter, that is a nice gain you got. I saw those headers ready to go in your car, and they are really nice looking.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Baseline seems low for a stock Gen 3 - should be putting down 450-ish at the rear wheels. No matter, that is a nice gain you got. I saw those headers ready to go in your car, and they are really nice looking.

There is not a dyno in his area that doesn't read low. I don't think I have ever seen a stock gen 3 over 430's out there.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No way Scott! That's the same dyno I was on and had a 439 baseline. With the latest factory flash I put down 443 but the difference is near negligible. While I do think his baseline may have been a little low, it's possible the correction factor just hurt him a bit that day.

Remember these numbers are all so close together that it doesn't much matter. When you've been on as many dynos and seen as many sheets as I have, you start to realize that gains of +/- 10 HP can be attributed to noise in the data. Heck just the cool down time can vary that much with cars. Ask me about how I gained 45 RWHP in my Cobra by changing a setting next time we're out.

Sorry, big topic of mine LOL. Then again, I'm a measurements engineer for a living, so I guess it's a good thing.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With regards to the first post..... congrats! If your car feels anything like mine, it's a blast. The torque pickup is a lot of fun. When they tuned my car, I could tell how much nicer it was all around. If you look at the stock A/F curve, you can see how fat the factory tune is out of the box. Car runs much better for me now.

Can't wait to catch up and see them together. Your car is gorgeous, immaculate condition. You should really be proud of it.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way Scott! That's the same dyno I was on and had a 439 baseline. With the latest factory flash I put down 443 but the difference is near negligible. While I do think his baseline may have been a little low, it's possible the correction factor just hurt him a bit that day.

Remember these numbers are all so close together that it doesn't much matter. When you've been on as many dynos and seen as many sheets as I have, you start to realize that gains of +/- 10 HP can be attributed to noise in the data. Heck just the cool down time can vary that much with cars. Ask me about how I gained 45 RWHP in my Cobra by changing a setting next time we're out.

Sorry, big topic of mine LOL. Then again, I'm a measurements engineer for a living, so I guess it's a good thing.

I agree entirely. I do two dyno shows a year with my diesel truck club, and can see many variations. It just seemed the HP was a bit low - torque is about where it should be. These cars usually have around 12-13% driveline loss, so for a 510 hp rated car, that *should* put it around 445 - so yeah, I guess you are pretty much dead on.

Got to get my car on your dyno Carlo, one of these days.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everybody! I'm with Carlo on the numbers. Trap speed won't lie. :)

The car definitely does feel smoother in first and second gear at low RPM, and the sound is awesome! Very very deep sounding. It does drone in 6th on the highway, but a shift into 5th and it's totally gone. Honestly, I like it loud and the drone doesn't bother me at all. Once the car gets past 3,000 RPM it starts to sound REALLY nice.