Fun with a 700 RWHP Supra

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work, Martin! BTW, do you remember the name of the African-American gentlemen who had a black 2000 RT10?

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the kill. But if he claimed 700 RWHP on a 61 millimiter turbo he's not very knowledgeable. My T66 (66 millimiter) maxed out at 650 RWHP. A 61 will do max 600 RWHP. The reason you spanked him so easily even off spray. His injectors (550's) can't support anything over ~600 RWHP safely either.

2 Runs - first one was me on motor...I walked him. Second one was on the gas...well, lets just let him tell you what happened - http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=61b5d582b02ee0b0094c26be04256250&postid=1587091#post1587091

Regards,

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Achilles - no, sorry.

Supra - I am not sure what the real story is with his power. From what I heard he has a new setup on that car?? Either way, he was a great guy, and the car was very clean.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you, he seems nice. And with 624 RWHP on motor it would take at least 650 RWHP from a Supra to just hang if driven perfectly (the Supra), and most likely more than that due to lag.

Your car is very impressive. What kind of #'s does it put down on spray?

Achilles - no, sorry.

Supra - I am not sure what the real story is with his power. From what I heard he has a new setup on that car?? Either way, he was a great guy, and the car was very clean.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure of the numbers on spray. Last night was the first time I hit the bottle since I got the Stroker. I will say this it hit so hard last night that I literally thought the body was going to come off the wheels. The second I hit it it was like turning on another motor. And that was with the bottle cold - I did not plan on using it.

It is totally different than my old heads and cam setup. It hits way harder. Also, I would say that my car is almost as fast on just motor now as it was before with the 200 shot. The stroker and the solid cam have totally changed the dynamic of the car.

To answer your question - I would guess low 800RWHP and mid 900RWTQ. I will know for sure soon.

Regards,

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, that sounds like fun. If I am free, I would love to roll around with you and the Supra. The guys name is Dmitriy Myshkin.

I will be getting my new computer next week, and hope to be seeing an improvemnet in the cars numbers - as we were running pretty rich with the mopar PCM (11.5 - 12.5). When is your meeting with the Supra scheduled??

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, that sounds like fun. If I am free, I would love to roll around with you and the Supra. The guys name is Dmitriy Myshkin.

I will be getting my new computer next week, and hope to be seeing an improvemnet in the cars numbers - as we were running pretty rich with the mopar PCM (11.5 - 12.5). When is your meeting with the Supra scheduled??

Regards,

Sometime after the V10 nats. We were talking at the strip, but he is game for the private track too.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin -

That's awesome! Congrats on beating up on the supra guys. Glad to hear your car is back as well! I look forward to running into you on the road. BTW - what tires are you running right now?

JD

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bud! I am runnig the Kumho's. They are awesome.
I would love to get together. Lets go run around and cause some trouble.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our first run was motor only..... I pulled on him. second run, I hit the spray, and it was like he threw out a boat anchor...It looked like his car was going in reverse.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Supra, nice call!
Thanks for the education.
It's amazing that a straight 6 can put out those numbers on a stock motor with moderate mods.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, that sounds like fun. If I am free, I would love to roll around with you and the Supra.

p.s. Martin, The owner of this Supra I am talking about, is the driver of the Titan Motorsports Supra.....very well known car. He seems like a real nice guy.I'm sure "SUPRA" knows of Titan Motorsports.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the kill. But if he claimed 700 RWHP on a 61 millimiter turbo he's not very knowledgeable. My T66 (66 millimiter) maxed out at 650 RWHP. A 61 will do max 600 RWHP. The reason you spanked him so easily even off spray. His injectors (550's) can't support anything over ~600 RWHP safely either.

Hmmm, I'll beg to differ on that point. I HAD a T61, and dyno'd more than 600 rwhp. Another friend of mine in Atlanta also dyno'd over 600 rwhp. Both of us had stock ECU's, which restricted redline and AFR. We also used a .58 housing, since we were more concerned with quick spoolup (mine had minimal lag, but less horsepower). Another guy in NY dyno'd at 624 rwhp with the .58 housing, too. With a .70 housing from a roll, I could see how 650-700 rwhp could be attained. I agree with you, though... 550 injectors would not support that. He'd have to have 720's.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the people on that forum realize you beat him 2 times. Once withOUT the gas.

BLITZSUPRA
Says you should have run him with just engine.

Good catch... I corrected him on that thread. BLITZSUPRA is actually the car I was talking about that dyno'd more than 600 rwhp with the T61...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also heard of a T66 Supra that dynoed over 700 RWHP (714 RWHP) yet his car ran slower traps than my first T66 Supra that dynoed 650.X RWHP or Ryan Woon's T66 Supra that did 67X RWHP. What I'm getting at is that sometimes some of these dyno #'s don't seem to add up or are uncorrected #'s that correct down lower.

~600 RWHP is about Max for a 61, give or take a few HP, certainly not 700 RWHP. I believe you dynoed over 600 RWHP.

I do know of Titan Motorsports, good bunch of guys. The driver of their "race" Supra is Mark Mazouraski (I'm probably butchering the spelling of his last name).

I don't think the people on that forum realize you beat him 2 times. Once withOUT the gas.

BLITZSUPRA
Says you should have run him with just engine.

Good catch... I corrected him on that thread. BLITZSUPRA is actually the car I was talking about that dyno'd more than 600 rwhp with the T61...

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you are right on the 800+ RWHP number based on the motor only numbers. Awesome!:) That much torque must feel insane when the bottle hits!!!!!!

I am not sure of the numbers on spray. Last night was the first time I hit the bottle since I got the Stroker. I will say this it hit so hard last night that I literally thought the body was going to come off the wheels. The second I hit it it was like turning on another motor. And that was with the bottle cold - I did not plan on using it.

It is totally different than my old heads and cam setup. It hits way harder. Also, I would say that my car is almost as fast on just motor now as it was before with the 200 shot. The stroker and the solid cam have totally changed the dynamic of the car.

To answer your question - I would guess low 800RWHP and mid 900RWTQ. I will know for sure soon.

Regards,

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks.

They are definitely nice strong motors for their size. In fact the only motors that I have seen put down better power numbers stock are Viper motors. There of course may be others. Didn't [******] put down 1087 RWHP on a stock bottom end car (forged piston 99 or older car)? Has anyone gone higher?

Hey Supra, nice call!
Thanks for the education.
It's amazing that a straight 6 can put out those numbers on a stock motor with moderate mods.

lightspeed240

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As an owner of a 98 gts and a 97 supra tt, I have to admit that I am quite torn here. First of all, reflexx's (I know him) car made 700 rwhp with an older setup (sp77)...and on race gas at that. With his new setup, he is estimating much less, and obviously, on pump gas like he was the other night, he admits to being well under 500 rwhp. It would probably be fair to tell the whole story here.
While I hate to get into a "my friend is faster than your friend" type arguement, I seem to recall stories of other races that didnt fair so well. I would very much like to see an Atlanta viper vs supra drag day at commerce or something, but unfortunately until I get my car built ill be relegated to the slow section :)
I am a new viperclub.org member, but I have to admit that Martin made it on my $%^& list after I got sprayed in my obviously stock z06 (maybe you remember Martin...black Z06 on 85s around N Druid about a year ago.) I thought that was a bit overkill to get sprayed by a heavily modded viper, but hey, run what you brung I guess and I cant complain.
I just orderd my single turbo kit (pt67) for my supra, and I am looking forward to a rematch once I get it setup.
BTW, I would think that saying that supra's are efficient at making power is a bit understated. If 900++ rwhp on a stock 3.0 liter bottom end/head/intake isnt impressive, I dont know what is...
On that note, what is the record viper output on a stock bottom end/heads/intake? The highest I know of is Heffners S/C car, at 850 rwhp or so. Is there a better stock-motor number? But wait...thats still an 8 liter v-10 with a 16k supercharger kit on it... Wow, what if the supra had that type of displacement... 8.0 divided by 3.0 x 850 hp=???? Big number there. Ah the beauty of inline 6's...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And your point is ??????????????

How exactly do you tell if a Zo6 (or Viper or Supra) is "obviously" stock while cruising 85 ? Could have been a LPE TT car, right ? I am sure Martin will welcome your rematch.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a owner of both cars, you should never make a comment like'' if the supra had a bigger engine crap". The supra doesn't have a 8.0 and will never have a 8.0. If all cars had the same size engines, automotives would be boring.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I remember you. (to be honest though, I smoke so many Z's it's hard to be sure) But, why would I make it on your S...Hit list?? I am sure we were just playing around. And, if you were the car I think you were, I had BARELY any spray left in the bottle. Whatever, for me, the bottom line is about having fun - there is nothing wrong with Reflex's car not being as fast as mine. I give him huge props for being so willing to run. So, I don't know why your ******* are in a ***. But if it makes you feel better, as Tony said, I welcome your challenge. Get your **** running - the best it can, and then lets do it. But remember - it is your grudge match, for me, it is all about having fun.

Regards,

lightspeed240

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey prvt...in no way would I want the supra to have a bigger engine. If it didnt have such an optimal bore and stroke now, it probably wouldnt be able to make the kind of power it does on a stock motor. So dont misinterpret that. My point was to show relative efficiency..or lack there-of.

Martin, *&^% list is a relative term...I wasnt really that upset, I just thought it was a bit much. My reply on this post was induced because I saw your post on supraforums about the race and it gave a slightly different attitude on the matter. You seemed to recognize the amount of power reflexx had when replying on there, but on this forum you seemed to forget that it was not, in-fact, a 700 hp car, but a 400-something-hp car.
But, having my car called a **** is a bit upsetting, seeing that Ive only had it 3 weeks now and havent had time to build it. In a way that kind of attitude from others is good for me...it gives me more initiative to really build it. I cant talk too much &^%$ now because obviously I dont have the car built yet, so ill just end my commentay with this... you should put in the big nitrous jets when the time comes.
But at least you have fans, and I dont :( (1tony)
Geez...things like this turn me against my own car LOL. Oh well, I have to choose sides on some things I guess.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lightspeed, I hope this is my final comment on this subject. I don't know how much power Dmitriy was putting to the ground that night. And really, who cares. I don't think that I have exhibited ANY attitude regarding this subject - in person, or on either forum. Really, all this post was meant to do is affirm that my car is back and running better than ever.

Now, I do have a bit of attitude directed at you for the simple fact that you are busting on my for "spraying" on you in a race. What am I supposed to do, roll down the window and get your permission to use my Nitrous??? Come on. Finally, when and if, our race takes place, don't worry, I will have the right "pills" in the car to get the job done. Been there, done that.

So, what are your plans for the Viper? Seeing that you are new to the Viper community, and are in Atlanta, we should get together.

Regards,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery