Funeral procession

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wifes grandfather just passed early this morning and the funeral is in Tampa on Monday...would it be in poor taste to drive my black GTS in the procession ??

Not looking to be some kind of attention grabber show-off, but its black and was thinking it might be ok...

Any opinions ??

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO I think it depends on your relationship with him.

As for me, I hope the entire VCA shows up in force. :2tu:
I also hope it's not for another 50 years. ;)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think not, because unless it was his, or something related to him, to remind people of him, I'd highly discourage it. If you have to even ask, then its probably a good indication that its not a good idea. Even though some might think it is ok, still dont account for the people who might think its not ok, and if it upsets some of those people who dont agree with it, who are also in the procession with you, isnt that just adding more to an unpleasant event for them? They sure dont need someone else to funnel that too, aka the guy who drove a flashy sports car to a somber event.

Again, special ricumstance, like if it was a long standing viper member, huge car buff and what not, and a bunch of his friends/family drove sports cars as a tribute to him, I would think it would be a great show and dedication to his life and his love...

But I dont think this situation justifies.

Definetly not looking to offend anyone, simply my opinion on the matter.

Jon

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably OK driving it to the church or mortuary service. I would not drive it to the interrment. Ride with another family member.

OP
OP
X

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys,

I should have also stated this was in addition to my wifes car (Murano)...anyway...after reading the replies and thinking about it, I think I'll just go rent something regular.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A car buff buddy of mine died last year and I drove my GTS to the funeral. There were actually a few people that came up and said that he would have loved to know that some cool cars showed up. It depends on the person. If they wern't a car buff, leave the viper at home. If he was a car buff, bring it out. I know if I were to die sometime soon, I'd want my friends to bring out their cars.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. Unless the guy was a real serious car buff AND others participated, I feel it would be in poor taste to prance around in the Viper. :usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, unless he was a car ****** or Viper fan, a funeral isnt the time for a Viper. Save it for more happy occasions. Now for me, if I should go to the great racetrack in the sky anytime soon (hopefully I can hold off for a longgg time), everyone feel free to bring their Vipers. I'd love to think my funeral looked like a tiny VOI