Future Viper Info

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just got notified by the Autoline Detroit TV program that Deborah Meyer, Chief Marketing Officer for Chrysler, will be on their show this Sunday. She will discuss, among other items, the future of the Viper and will mention the VCA.

The show airs this Sunday on WTVS in Detroit at 10:30 am EDT.

The show will also air on Speed TV at 4:30 am next Thursday and 7:00 am next Sunday.

The episode will also be on the Autoline Detroit web page later.

Hope someone can double check these times as I am changing planes right now and may be a bit frazzled!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little tidbit in regards to the news conference by Ms. Meyer: I emailed her at the address I got from the SRT techs the last time they were on here. My question is at the bottom and here is her response:

PS I altered her email a bit so some Vette guy won't harrass her.

My answer is yes, you should buy a Viper. It's a fabulous vehicle!

To

<[email protected]>
cc
Subject

Viper question

Deborah,

I just read on the VCA website that you are going to be on some program and will discuss the future of the Viper. I am contemplating buying a 2008 Viper, but really don't want to buy one just to find out they are being discontinued. I currently have a 1997 B/W GTS and it's the best car I have ever had......and my first Chrysler product as well.

I guess my question is this: should I buy an 08?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millennial Opportunities (from Show #1215) on Autoline Detroit

Exact link to the segment she responds to the question. Not great news in my opinion. She dodged the question with "There are lots of rumors, I wish we would not concentrate on what might or might not happen." And jumped right back to the Journey introduction. She did make a very positive comment about the VCA. My guess is there is no decision, which is worrisome but not certain death at this point. The way she dodged it made me think that it is under consideration but not final or she might have said so.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. If she had anything good to say, she would have said it. Marketing types never miss a chance to **** a product.
2. She said: "I want to talk about productive things" and then changed the subject to the Journey. The use of the word "productive" was a tell. The implication being that the Viper is not going to be in production.
3. The best news I have heard is that SRT was asked by Nardelli and Press to come up with some numbers showing what it would take to keep the Viper alive past 2010. In other words it is dead subject to the numbers coming in low enough to make it happen and Viper sales justifying its existence.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. my impression is that the viper has been cut... but because of the outpouring of support from the VCA it is being re-considered... just my humble opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millennial Opportunities (from Show #1215) on Autoline Detroit

Exact link to the segment she responds to the question. Not great news in my opinion. She dodged the question with "There are lots of rumors, I wish we would not concentrate on what might or might not happen." And jumped right back to the Journey introduction. She did make a very positive comment about the VCA. My guess is there is no decision, which is worrisome but not certain death at this point. The way she dodged it made me think that it is under consideration but not final or she might have said so.

I guess that means we need to start buying the 08's and leave not one in the showrooms. The problem is that Chrysler needs to help us help them. The legend that is Viper was built on accomplishments made up to six years ago. That's what we're living off of now. Since Gen3, SRT hasn't made many significant wins, and while our racing heritage dwindles more over the years, all we're left with are myths about the Viper being all power for straight line and not good for much else.

No, adding a navigation unit is NOT what's going to sell the Viper. "Race Sunday, sell Monday" and "You gotta spend some money to make money," rule still applies in this niche market. At the very least, let's see some advertisements featuring the Viper for crying out loud. Many out there already think the Viper is discontinued.

PLEASE make more branding commercials like these... some Ive NEVER seen but on youtube:

YouTube - Dodge Viper 60TV

YouTube - Dodge Viper Commercial (1999)

Dodge Viper GTS Commercial - Brooks' Viper Web Site

This one is just funny...

/video/Hilarious-Dodge-Commercial--Never-Aire/t/5857537 Watch The Newest Video Clips and Free TV Episodes

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08 allocation has been completely sold out for some time so it would appear sales is not the problem right now. Indeed the 08 result after the slow sales and money back deals of 06 may be why the decision is still under review and has not been made.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bla-bla-bla...and when she starts to talk about the VIPER finally she goes straight to the Journey...:dunno:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No... not a commercial about the Viper, but a branding commercial that has a Viper in it. There's a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She totally fumbled, side-stepped, and double-talked her way out of answering ANYTHING about the Viper (after being fairly articulate all the way to that moment). Not a good sign at all.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She totally fumbled, side-stepped, and double-talked her way out of answering ANYTHING about the Viper (after being fairly articulate all the way to that moment). Not a good sign at all.

Maybe so, but they did the right thing with the Wizard... so that earns them a few more months of my patience.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tell you ow the Viper impacted me. I had Corvettes up until my first Viper. Now I am looking to sell the two vettes I currently have and buy me another Viper. How long did it take me to come to this conclusion you might ask? Well right after I took the car to the track for my first track experience. I thought my wife might fight me on it but to my surprise she just confirmed what I felt. She kept saying over and over on the way home how there was no way our Corvettes would take that kind of treatment and still drive home the way our Viper did. There is just a feeling of confidence in driving these fanged beasts. It is easy to see why people "Get Bit" when they take their first drive in one. I am hooked for life. I personally think that Dodge should put out a little more advertisement and show some of these beasts at the tracks showing what they can do in the hands of regular people and how it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. And for some, the most you fun you can have period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang