GA VCA Autocross This Sunday 4-27-03

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dot tires are legal in stock classes,no? Also the Khumos suxx compared to the Hoosier. The reason you feel the control with the Khumo is you are going much slower. The Hoosier with proper inflation is a very contollable tire. In RR conditions the Khumos go away in real fast, but will come back if you let off , the hoosier on the other hand will stay fast longer, but when they go away ther is little turning back. I did the 12 hour @ homestead last week & the car had Khumos on it. They last long time , but Ill take the hoosier anyday.

Yep, "DOT" tires are legal in stock classes, as long as you have no other mods done to the car. That's how Paul runs "DOT" slicks with his Z06, but still stays in SS. I agree, though... in a RR situation, Kumhos will be sub-par to the Hoosiers if you run perfect lines/laps. For me, though, the Kumhos are more controllable, and as a result I run faster times with them (I guess it's in my head... I'm more willing to go fast with tires I feel are more controllable, even though they may not be the BEST compound).

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed so many gates ( I can't see worth a [******]) I only got one run that counted! You can't go very fast when you don't see the gates very well. Tony, much harder course than Chat! Never missed a gate there!

tw

Tom,

I agree... since I've been to this event before, I'm used to running without lines (just cones). I think you did awesome for your first time, especially considering that you were never able to concentrate fully on driving (the track was VERY hard to see this time... much harder than I've ever seen).

Still, I hope you plan to come out to more events. It was great having another Viper out there to hang out with!

OP
OP
T

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to autox as much as possible. Please keep me looped in. I am signed up (paid) for Panoz Track Days later this month and Viper Days at VIR in July. I may not be the slowest of the Z06/Viper crowd after July. We shall see.

tw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine