GA VCA

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an AutoCross event at Gwinnett Fairgrounds on Nov. 12. This is another reason we need to have our own (GA VCA) web-site.

I've tracked my car several times but never at an autocross event. Thanks to Adam, a-mechanic, for telling me about this. (another good reason for us to have our own website). Most of the tracking events in the southeast come from "word of mouth". I don't know everyone that's racing different events, so I can't come out to support and\or help them. Link to the event:

http://www.gwinnettcountyfair.com/index.php?display=event_calendar

I'm not gonna race, I don't think. I'd like to watch the "auto-cross"Event. I've read a lot about different SCCA series on Auto Cross and I'm really looking forward to it..

I'd like to ease into the series..

If anyone has experience in Auto Cross..Please give input!!

Thanks,

Todd

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an awesome event and a great location. Big course and perfectly safe. The BMW club and the porsche club both use this venue.

don't be a p*ssy and go autoX the car!

you get there early and you walk the course. then you get assigned a group # and you get 3 runs (sometimes 4). it is quite a bit of fun.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like fun, not sure I'll auto-x or be a wuss and just watch. Since the picnic is Nov. 11, are there any vacancies at Hotel le Todd so I can avoid a trip back to Macon just to headup again Sunday?

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel le Todd Grande is available to Chad. However, Chad's friends (Leno JR) must make it up as breakfast for all in bed. :) .

Chad, I'm just going to watch (I think). This is their last race of the 7 race season. I just think it would be a good time. I'm not so sure with the Viper's weight and HP that this is a good car for this. I'd like to have other folks chime in. For the price and the good time, sounds more economically feasible for an every wekend event to me. $35 vs $325 and you pay at the gate...Come on..I'm not gonna track at a full course in the rain but they still want to keep my $325..I think it's a no-brainer, but then I've never been to one.

Any AutoX racers that can give advise?

Thanks,
Todd

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony..you posted the same time I did....I'm gettin more and more..as I read the auro-X thing that I'm probably gonna track it...Hit a cone...no big eal..hit a wall at RA..BIG DEAL.. Is this more of a feathering in 2nd gear course or what? How do you drive these things with a Viper?

Thanks,
Todd

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd gear the whole way.

don't be a wuss... try it... you'll like it...

and i can assure you... it isn't that fun to watch. plus, watching you'll just want to jump in.

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD..

What's up with you calling people "wuss" and "p*ssy". You sound like you have some testostrone level problems, as in very low.

Everyone knows your driving skills and they've told me. There is a LOT of runoff room at Robling Road. You should be safe!

What's your point?

Just curious,
Todd

BTW did you find your helmet?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at this event... it's with the BMW club. FWIW, the BMW club runs the most well-oiled event. The Atlanta SCCA chapter and the Porsche club tend to have more problems. Sign up quickly, though, when registration opens. It is limited to the first 60 registrants, and spots fill quickly. Probably why the events run so smoothly... Atlanta SCCA runs nearly 200 cars per event.

I ran all my Vipers in autox, and so did ChrisGTS. In fact, we often had our a$$es handed to us by 1Tony1, who not only has an awesome car but is also an equally awesome driver. The Viper is a very competitive autox car, contrary to popular belief. Most people are amazed at how well it does off the track (where of course it excels).

Todd - Don't watch, drive. It's very safe. You'll be disappointed if you watch. However, you are more than welcome to ride with me if you decide not to run your car but want to see the course at speed. I'll be driving a 2002 911 turbo (sold my Viper).

I went to this event last month, same venue same club. I maxed out at around 67mph. So, the course is fairly large with some room to open up (depends on who designs the course, hopefully it's not the guy who owns a minicooper and wants a tight technical course).

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd -

Everyone knows (and studies have shown) that married men have lower testosterone than single men.

I've done roebling 3 times. This month will be my 4th. How about you?

My point is that you talk a good game. You ought to c'mon out and play once in a while rather than just reading about it. Or watching.

If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.

Did find the helmet. Thanks! Dunno if it will still fit me, though. the head has grown. :p

JD

JD..

What's up with you calling people "wuss" and "p*ssy". You sound like you have some testostrone level problems, as in very low.

Everyone knows your driving skills and they've told me. There is a LOT of runoff room at Robling Road. You should be safe!

What's your point?

Just curious,
Todd

Mad Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd this sounds like a challange to me . Lets all go to Roeblin and have some fun. Thanks to JD I am OK taking my car to the track and learning what it will really do. Like he said quite talking and start driving.Mad viper :cool:

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do drive..in the Viper, done Road Atlanta twice. Five times that in the Camero. Never done an auto-X, for that matter, never seen one.

FWIW..I just don't understand the name calling. You track to your and the cars ability..where does wuss come into play?

Todd

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are just messing with you Todd... come out to the autox and watch/ride if you've never seen one. It's a lot harder and faster than people who haven't driven one before think. Personally, I find autox pretty challenging. People who start with autox and then go to the track almost always do better than vice-versa. I've driven road courses including Road Atlanta(and I mean I've actually competed wheel to wheel with SCCA, not just driving track events/schools that clubs and Road Atlanta put together). I still like autocross. Granted, it's not that much seat time for the time investment. You get 4-5 laps, and you'll be out there for 3 hours working a group and then running in another. However, for me autox is more about hanging out with a bunch of car people. If you want seat time, road courses are the only way to go.

Doesn't Macon still put on autocrosses? I used to drive there with a bunch of Viper friends and do their events. Good times, smaller venue and crowd.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good , anyone who doesnt take the oppertunity to autox the viper is missing the boat. You have no idea of what a handful these cars can be to the unwary, the autocross is the place to experiment without hitting anything except little orange cones.

Try this in the middle of the slalom, abruptly lift off the gas :eek:
& remember to smile when the other weenies tell you that tail out & broadside isnt the fast way around the cones(it isnt but who is having more fun?) :2tu:

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't Macon still put on autocrosses? I used to drive there with a bunch of Viper friends and do their events. Good times, smaller venue and crowd.

Those were some good times. :drive:
You must be registered for see images

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad they aren't doing it this year... is there one coming up in the future for GA members?

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the GA VCA going to pay for this event? If so, I may show up at something!

Todd, I haven't talked or said anything to you in a long time! Hope you are doing well.....pXssy!!! :) I couldn't imagine going to just watch!

Rich

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the GA VCA going to pay for this event? If so, I may show up at something!

Todd, I haven't talked or said anything to you in a long time! Hope you are doing well.....pXssy!!! :) I couldn't imagine going to just watch!

Rich

Rich, this post is about a year old, so yes the VCA will pay for it. Just dont hold your breath waiting for everyone else to show up :D I wanted to piggyback for an auto-x this year, but it seemed each date there was a auto-x scheduled, we already had something on the calendar. We'll definitely try to piggyback for an auto-x next year :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is another reason we need to have our own (GA VCA) web-site.
Todd

You could always join the VCA, then you'd be able to post in your region's section here on viperclub.org, and even coordinate club participation with the REGION PRESIDENT and post it in the Events section.

Nah....too easy. ;)

ETA: And normally, we don't allow non-VCA sanctioned event announcements here in the general section, but this thread has had enough participation that I feel compelled to leave it in fairness to the members who have posted.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could always join the VCA, then you'd be able to post in your region's section here on viperclub.org, and even coordinate club participation with the REGION PRESIDENT and post it in the Events section.

Nah....too easy. ;)

ETA: And normally, we don't allow non-VCA sanctioned event announcements here in the general section, but this thread has had enough participation that I feel compelled to leave it in fairness to the members who have posted.

I've been working on getting Todd to join the VCA for ohhhhh, more than a year :) .

My rebuttal to Kelly's ETA: This thread originally started a year ago. The auto-x people were discussing is longggg gone (and yes, I did wipe out once and kill a whole bunch of cones :headbang: ) So feel free to do whatever you wish with this thread, your Honor :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been working on getting Todd to join the VCA for ohhhhh, more than a year :) .

My rebuttal to Kelly's ETA: This thread originally started a year ago. The auto-x people were discussing is longggg gone (and yes, I did wipe out once and kill a whole bunch of cones :headbang: ) So feel free to do whatever you wish with this thread, your Honor :)

LOL....wise guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery