Garage Addition Advice needed (plans attached)

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well Here is a new 36' & 40' plan. Getting pricing on how much a differenc in price is for 4' extra. I think 36' would be penty, depending on car would be able to put two back to back. Also going with stud framing now instead of post.
Let me know any ideas you guys have.

Attachments

• Mar 21 Garage A3a.pdf
    90.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Mar 21 Garage A4a.pdf
    49.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Mar 21 Garage A5a.pdf
    138.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Mar 21 Garage A3b.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Mar 21 Garage A4b.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 4

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why won't it let me edit the first post? Wanted to update that so people know to look on page two for new plans.
It's a time/safety thing.
You are only allowed to edit your post for a certain amount of time, then it's done.
This prevents people who get all huffy-puffy about something said on the forum from going berzerker and deleting all their posts (which REALLY screws threads up).

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a time/safety thing.
You are only allowed to edit your post for a certain amount of time, then it's done.
This prevents people who get all huffy-puffy about something said on the forum from going berzerker and deleting all their posts (which REALLY screws threads up).

Guess makes sence. Maybe I'll have a mod lock this one up and start a new updated one, that I'll stay on top of.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a 26X 26 I just built for my Fords since my other garage is filled with Vipers.

I have a Rotory 4 post in the old garage and they used trusses to make this new garage plenty tall if I also add 4 posts to it.(thinking about it).

Based on the last 4 months I would say

1. Agree you cannot have enough lights--mine all come on via motion sensors.

2. Use a 100% epoxy coating if you go with an epoxy floor.

3. Make sure they put in numerous outlets

4. Get side mounted (Liftmaster) door openers and get the widest doors you can

Attachments

• Heritage GT--1 012.jpg
    Heritage GT--1 012.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 14
  • Lift 028.jpg
    Lift 028.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I must say you're collection of cars is extremely impressive. I hope to have a customized garage like the one for your Ford GTs someday.....really nice job! I was looking at your signature though... is it not updated? I only ask since I saw 2 SRT's and no 92 RT :confused:

Here is a 26X 26 I just built for my Fords since my other garage is filled with Vipers.

I have a Rotory 4 post in the old garage and they used trusses to make this new garage plenty tall if I also add 4 posts to it.(thinking about it).

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I must say you're collection of cars is extremely impressive. I hope to have a customized garage like the one for your Ford GTs someday.....really nice job! I was looking at your signature though... is it not updated? I only ask since I saw 2 SRT's and no 92 RT :confused:

Thanks much. You are correct. That is an older picture of my attached garage and has an 09 Vert and 06 coupe. Now there is a 2010 FE on the floor and 92 on top of lift both facing a CTS-V DDriver. 92 and 10 in avatar.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks much. You are correct. That is an older picture of my attached garage and has an 09 Vert and 06 coupe. Now there is a 2010 FE on the floor and 92 on top of lift both facing a CTS-V DDriver. 92 and 10 in avatar.

That's really awesome man, congrats for being able to have all those toys :)

If you don't mind me asking, since I don't know much about the Ford GT, did the Ford GT Heritage Edition cost considerably more than your White/Blue Ford GT? Or was it just a color choice or specific year model?

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That first pic is one of the best pics i've ever seen!!! (sshhhh I'm a huge Ford Fan, the Viper is the only Chrysler product I will own)
I will do all my own elec. I agree the lights will be over done in the new garage. I hate not being able to see. Outlets will be everywhere.
I'm not sure on the floor yet. Might look into epoxy, but ever since I've had my own garages, I've used carpet.
When I got the garage doors quoted I had the side mounted openers quoted.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just skimmed the posts, so sorry if it was mentioned but here are a few of mine:

- when pouring the concrete floor, make sure whoever pours grades the floor towards the doors...want to make sure any water will flow to the outside and not sit in the garage.

- before sheetrocking, install some speaker wires that exit at top corners (or so) of garage in the event you decide on soundsystem. Run wires to whatever central point you might put a receiver...also, you might want a TV at some point, so also "bury" an HDMI cable in the wall. I learned the hard way, this is something that is very difficult after the fact.

I think any other comments I might have had are all covered above.

Good luck, looks great!

Wish I could, wish I could, wish I could!!!:D

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's really awesome man, congrats for being able to have all those toys :)

If you don't mind me asking, since I don't know much about the Ford GT, did the Ford GT Heritage Edition cost considerably more than your White/Blue Ford GT? Or was it just a color choice or specific year model?

The Heritage was a special paint scheme in 06 to commemorate the Gulf livery cars that ran at Le Mans in the 60s. It was a $13,000 option. All GTs have held their price but none as well as the Heritage. In fact I had a really nice low mile blue GT and when this Heritage became available with 400 miles I jumped and traded.

Normal , low mile GTs run 150--180 depending on condition . A low mile Heritage can bring $200--$235k. Nothing different but paint. I drive the white more often.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Heritage was a special paint scheme in 06 to commemorate the Gulf livery cars that ran at Le Mans in the 60s. It was a $13,000 option. All GTs have held their price but none as well as the Heritage. In fact I had a really nice low mile blue GT and when this Heritage became available with 400 miles I jumped and traded.

Normal , low mile GTs run 150--180 depending on condition . A low mile Heritage can bring $200--$235k. Nothing different but paint. I drive the white more often.

Well thanks for the info. I knew the GT held it's value, but I didn't know the Heritage was worth that much. It's definitely a nice paint job, especially since it's a special paint scheme. However, although you sold it haha, I think I would most likely buy a blue Ford GT, but I do like your white one too. :)