Garage Door Opener / Lift HELP!!!

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I know I saw a post but I'll be damned if I can find it. Some one out there knows of a garage door opener that does not use a track but mounts on the torsion tube so you will not have a garage door opener in the way when using the lift.

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got a couple options. Menards sells an inexpensive version - I think it's a couple hundred bucks. Another route (which I took) was to have the commercial version installed. It's called a "jackshaft" opener. Not cheap, but they've been on the market for a long time, and any good garage door company should be able to do the install for you.

Be aware that commercial jackshaft openers don't have any provisions for light, so you'll have to come up with a way to turn on a light when your garage door is opened.

Here's a couple pics from my install:
1668Garage_Door_Opener.jpg

16682nd_Bay_Garage.jpg

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another one. Wayne® Dalton idrive Torsion Springs Garage Door Opener. Direct connect, no belt, chain or screw. Includes: wireless wall station, (2) keychain remotes, wireless security light & wireless keyless entry pad and infrared safety sensors. You can get it through Lowes for $257.
Click HEREfor link.

Reaction score
Question???

You eliminated the garage door opener in the center of the garage ceiling, though you still have to contend with the garage door tracks on each side, correct?

I am thinking of a lift for storage reasons.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need to extend the tracks all the way to the ceiling to clear the vehicle.

Why? The vehicle fits through the tracks as it enters the garage, the tracks don't get narrower, why raise them?

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When the garage door is up it would interfere with the car on the lift. I suppose if you always have the door down when the lift is up it would be ok.

Kurt

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks sweet. Now all I need is a bigger house with a higher garage ceiling :) Definately doing a lift in my next house.