Garage Door opener

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you keep your garage door opener on a Vert? I normally clip it on the visor but i am not comfortable doing that in the Viper. A bit of a hassle to keep it in the glove box.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a small garage door opener and velcro-ed mine on the under side of the windshield frame, above the rearview mirror, you cannot see it from the drivers or passengers seat , nor can you see it from outside the car. In order to see it at all you must pretty much put the back of your head on the dashboard and look up. (sorry no picture at this time)

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your cupholder?
Hahahaha....ouch. It's a change holder. ;)

I'm not so much worried about the look of it but more that someone might take it when I'm parked somewhere. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lock mine in the glove box...along with my V1 radar detector. It's a small pain, but it gives me peace of mind. I would like to have a permanent mount for the opener...like Home link transmitter and Homelink Sun Visor.

Hahahaha....ouch. It's a change holder. ;)

I'm not so much worried about the look of it but more that someone might take it when I'm parked somewhere. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I reach down on the left to the flat ledge next to your knee where I velcroed the Opener. Works great and out of sight!

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I really like the home link mirror. I'll loo into that as well as a keychain remote.

It's a roadster but anyway...
I have an Gen3. I thought Gen 3s are considered convertibles and 1s & 2s were Roadsters. Am I wrong? Whats the makes it a Roadster as opposed to a Vert? I'm not being a smart ass, I really would like to know.

sly

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reach down on the left to the flat ledge next to your knee where I velcroed the Opener. Works great and out of sight!

Same here. Velcro on the inside of the dashboard by my left knee. Have to reach under the dash to push the button but you can't see it even if you're looking for it.

To anyone else who keeps theirs in sight, any thief that breaks into your car can take your opener and registration or insurance card (if it has your home address) and break into your house. I see it happen at least twice a week. Don't leave anything in your car with your home address on it. Use a PO box on your papers or don't leave them in the car where they can be found.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here. Velcro on the inside of the dashboard by my left knee. Have to reach under the dash to push the button but you can't see it even if you're looking for it.

To anyone else who keeps theirs in sight, any thief that breaks into your car can take your opener and registration or insurance card (if it has your home address) and break into your house. I see it happen at least twice a week. Don't leave anything in your car with your home address on it. Use a PO box on your papers or don't leave them in the car where they can be found.

My registration & insurance card are in a European carry-all & stay locked in my trunk for that reason. :lmao:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a roadster but anyway...

Mine is Velcroed to the inside of the glove box.

Thanks for all the responses. I really like the home link mirror. I'll loo into that as well as a keychain remote.

I have an Gen3. I thought Gen 3s are considered convertibles and 1s & 2s were Roadsters. Am I wrong? Whats the makes it a Roadster as opposed to a Vert? I'm not being a smart ass, I really would like to know.

sly

I'm a little late responding to this and maybe it's not necessary but ... I have the same opinion as you, that Gen3s are called convertibles and 1s & 2s are called roadsters. I will be embarassed if I am corrected.

I read RoadiJeffs message as saying that his is a roadster and might not apply to you but anyway this is what he does.

Am I right?

Bob

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine attached to the drivers visor on my gen 1 until some A ** e stole it at the beach in Destin Fl! The replacement went into the little pouch on the front of the drivers seat. Why can't we ever catch them in the act? Just once!!!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an Gen3. I thought Gen 3s are considered convertibles and 1s & 2s were Roadsters. Am I wrong? Whats the makes it a Roadster as opposed to a Vert?

I always distinguished the roadster from the convertible by whether or not it had a folding top.