Garage re-modeling, need ideas, pics, what ever you have!

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys..

I have seen some VERY cool Viper garages posted here.. anyways, I am getting ready to do some remodeling.. floor coating, garage lift, stuff like that.

I need ideas, suggestions, photos of good garage setups, etc..

Also, garage openers.. where can I get the side lift type for where my lift will be?

THANKS.

Here is what I am working with:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment.. it was quite nice having it finished and heated; I want to take the next step now..

Ceiling is 9'8" (I thought about raising the area above the lift by 2 feet or so..

Your setup is awesome!! What brand of lift is that? Cost?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
revolution lift XLT model approx. 4K installed. My ceiling is 10'8 so the FX fits underneath. If you are stacking a Viper and Diablo there should be plenty of room. Revolution has an online calculator...check it out.

BTW your signature reminds me of a car show recently. A Ford GT500E (Eleanor) was on display.Flawless car with C. Shelby's signature on the seats, valve covers, maybe even the pistons :eek: but the hood spoils the look.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just moved into my new house and had my ceilings in my garage raised to 12'. I heard the side mounted garage door openers were not too reliable. I talked with several garage door companies and they recommended against them due to the gears going out on them. (I think it was the I drive) I ended up going with a custom track system. It worked well. I have the tracks pretty close to the top and no where near the top on my Viper. My garage is still in the process of being finished.. Nothing big for now...but next year I am building a large attached 3 car garage with 3 lifts.

I am going to use the epoxy finish also on my floors....also too if you're a real do it yourselfer like me, I have the garage piped for air, wire for 220/100amp service and plenty of outlets.

440DSC06216.JPG

440DSC06224-med.JPG

440DSC06213-med.JPG

440DSC06234-med.JPG

440DSC06196-med.JPG

440DSC06201-med.JPG

440DSC06215.JPG

440DSC06214-med.JPG

440DSC06229-med.JPG

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how far you want to take it, My friend has an awesome setup. He cut the concrete to put in a four 4' x 1' grid type drain. He also installed four halogen lights into the concrete. The latter of which are extrememly helpfulf when working on your car. He does detailing on the side and is able to wash cars in his garage with the drain. ;)

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy --

They have Revolution lifts at the U-Coat-It store on the east side of Woodward (between 12 and 13 Mile, I think). I don't know how competitive their prices are, but you can see the units up close and ask questions. Let me know what you find because I'm thinking of doing the same thing. :headbang:

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the final steps of my Garage build...
One thing...allow for more time than you think....Also consider Race Deck flooring...Im lovin mine so far...
Regarding the opener...I also was told the "side lift" type are unreliable so I went with a "regular type"...
I also went with the Rotary Revolution lift...part of the group buy...It will be installed 11/9/05 ....cant wait...
Check out this thread..It shows from start to near finish the process....

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=554431&Forum=UBB14&Words=GARAGE&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=554431&Search=true#Post554431

OP
OP
A

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE..

-Garage floor is being coated right now.. I will be posting pics tonight

-7' lift is sitting in the driveway (complete hydraulic)

Now.. the garage door... I am putting the lift on the small door side and need to re-do how the door is (I am also rasing the celing a couple feet over the lift

Can you guys post more pics of your garage door/openers?

THANKS!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see the height difference in the tracks here.
498dsc04593_800x-med.jpg

And WINTER (*****!)
498100_0932-med.jpg

OP
OP
A

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Floor coating photos (sorry about the quality.. camera phone) still working on ideas for raising the ceiling and how to do the garage door opener..

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Miracle instrument in Connecticut. I just bought their side mount opener. It is very simple and runs on the track. It cost less then $500 and took me about three hours to install.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking good!!

Regarding the opener....
If you raise the track up to the ceiling, will it be high enough?....You'll probably need about 9 1/2 to 10 feet to stack a Viper and a "regular" car, you mentioned to have 9' 8" so you are right there, maybe just cut a small hole in the ceiling for the "regular" opener to sit in...and a slot for it to pull the door up...
Here's how mine turned out:

320garage-under-construction_202-med.jpg

Cheers,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960