**Gary Almond in the Albuquerque hospital**

Abq Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
Gary delivered my '02 Yellow GTS today (1 Nov) from Akron, Ohio. He had put it off a few days because he was feeling a bit ill. Apparently about a week ago, he had to sleep in his truck one night, and the following morning he had some pain in his left leg and was a bit out of breath. He felt that he possibly had a blood clot.
However, customers always come first, and he hardly slowed down. When he arrived in Abq., he was very short of breath, quite pale, and laboring a lot. I called my doctor friend and I took him immediately to the hospital.
The doctors confirmed a blood clot, and have admitted him for about 5 days to let the medicine work its magic. Prognosis is excellent. I visited with him this evening (Monday), took him some food, and brought him some car magazines. He said he is comfortable and not in any pain.
He said I could post this to all of you, and to give you his phone number at the hospital. Let's show him how much the VIPER family cares about one of it's own: 505-291-2819 MST

Bill :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary get well soon.....

We all want to see ya healthy at the V-10 National's finals.

Cudaman :usa:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow! Good call on your part! I am glad to hear Gary A is doing all right. I bet they have him on some type of blood thinner like hepbron or Kuhmadone...

Blot clots will kill you if they break loose. Gary A needs a vacation after all of this!

Hang in there tough guy!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary is one of the nicest guys I know, and he has quickly grown a reputation for being one of the best transporters available. I hope all goes well with him and that he has a full and quick recovery. Get well Gary!

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary is one of the nicest guys that I've met. I hope he recovers quickly and hope to see him soon. Thanks to Bill for his quick action and hospitality.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Airline passengers on long overseas flights have been advised to pay attention to the health concerns of sitting for extended periods. Gary could be facing the same risks if he's driving constantly and might need think about stepping out of the truck more often.. Get well soon Gary !

japon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get well soon Gary.
If you get my messages forget about my appointment for now.
Now I know why you have not been able to answer your phone!
Good luck!
joe :usa:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary is one of the truly solid good guys around in the Viper community. Get well soon Gary! This had to be a PE or Pulmonary Embolism, VERY dangerous. Blood clot forms in the leg and travels to the lungs, blocking oxygen exchange. Exactly the same thing happened to an employee of mine last month. Young guy in very good health, 40 years old, volunteer firefighter and paramedic, and yes it can happen from sitting too long. Outstanding call on getting Gary to the hospital!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary, get off your back!

Seriously, take care of yourself, man. Those blood clots are nothing to take lightly. Stretch out at the rest stops and quit eating in the truck. We want to see you in town again . . . :) :eek: :p :smirk: :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang