Gas fill up problem

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem filling up? I can only dribble the fuel in very very slowly. Thanks, John

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only on a rare occasion can I have the fuel nozzle at the max setting. I also need to orient it to get smooth flow on the lowest click. Strangely this gets better in the cold.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had that problem. I have always run the pump wide open with no problems. I would have a look at your vent line to be sure it is not kinked or plugged.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most times it is the nozzle and not the car. People bump the nozzle on their car or when hanging it up and bend the lip or metal tube thereby covering a small orifice. This orifice ***** air (or liquid when full) to sense when the tank is supposedly full. Any restriction from physical damage makes it more and more sensitive. Try to keep track if it is station and pump related.

Husky is a manufacturer of dispensing nozzles.

http://www.husky.com/apetnoz.htm

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you asked that. I have the same problem with my '04 SRT-10. Does not matter where I fill up, the angle of the car relative to horizontal, the angle of the nozzle or how much fuel is in tank, can only "drizzle" the gas in without the nozzle cutting off. Been like this since day one. Any ideas?

I've never been too concerned about it because whenever I fill-up inevitably a crowd gathers, and I've got 15 questions to answer about the car which takes up all the time that it takes to fill up anyway, but some day I might be in a hurry.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately that only leaves the vent system. Liquid can only go in as fast as the air comes out. I don't have access to Gen 3 parts diagrams, but normally it is a "radiator hose" attaching to the top of the tank and to a ****** somewhere on the filler neck. If it's bent and pinched, that would be the problem.

OP
OP
B

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTVETTE-- I was actually going to say that too. Not a big problem, just thought someone else might've had a similar problem. Guess I'll live with it--no quick pitstops for me! Thanks guys---John

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom, F&L: Thanks, I'll check that out (kinked vent hose), if I can figure out how to gain access to it. Something to do this winter on a snowy Saturday afternoon. We had the first road salt application here in upstate NY last night, so Viper hibernation has officially begun as of today until the spring rains rinse the roads salt free again.

Bandit: If I solve it, I will post here. Thanks.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never had that problem. I have always run the pump wide open with no problems. I would have a look at your vent line to be sure it is not kinked or plugged.

Same here.

Sometimes it takes a time or two get the nozzle aligned right, but once set it will take fuel as fast as any pump I've found can deliver.

Also, once it shuts off, there is NO NEED to try to fill it further!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi