Gas prices are dropping.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas prices have been dropping everyday in St. Louis. We are down to $2.19 for regular here. With the great Fall colors it's a wonderful time to fill the beast and take a drive.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2.31 in Woodstock, GA this morning.

Like we even care, these cars are way to much fun!

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your prices are awesome. Down to $2.70 here in So. Cal, Woodland Hills area. We're still paying top dollar. What's up with that?

So now the oil companies have us thinking $2 is a great price. I want to see it back under $2.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.08 was the best I saw in Toledo, OH today, but everyday I see a few cents better.

To bad most of us are headed into hibernation soon.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with a tanker driver for HESS. He said that the press is mostly to blame because they predicted that Katrina could cause prices to rise to $5/gallon. The oil companies raised them to $3 or more and got away with it because it was short of the news media predictions. The news media opened the door for price gouging.
He said oil companies control demand by changing the gas prices. Demand is down significantly because of the high prices, so prices need to be lowered to raise demand and keep profits up.
Make no mistake, the monopolistic oil companies have more power than ever over the whole economy especially with an oil man as President.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, profits are up big for the oil companies, but I was surprised to see that they make about 10 cents per gallon. I was expecting much more. 5x that much goes to state and fed taxes.

Blade Runner- Excellent idea. The trees are about to peak around here. Let's go for a drive this Sunday!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang