Gen 1/2 yellow w/black stripes spotted in Chesapeake

nt2L8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was shopping with the wife today and saw a Gen 1 or 2 Bumblebee with VA tags in Sams parking lot (Chesapeake, VA). Anyone in the area know the car or if the owner is a member here?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it a gts or RT/10? Factory wheels or black 19/20 setup? Custom flame paint on the front or no? There are 2 bumblebees left since I moved to RI. I believe you are talking about Bill since you didn't mention the horrible flame paint.

Why do you ask? Need to be put in touch with him?

OP
OP
N

nt2L8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was an RT/10; if the flames were on the hood I wouldn't have been able to see them. Didn't notice if it had side pipes or rear exhaust. I try to drive my car ('03) at least every couple of weeks in the winter and never see anyone else in theirs. Since it was in the mid 40's yesterday I thought he may do the same - thought we might be able to get together on the road some time.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were the stripes really wide? I know who it is most likely, we only have 1 yellow rt running around to my knowledge. Stay away from that guy, trust me.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kngsnke, there is also a bumblebee GTS in connecticut, guys name is Mike he just got out of the navy he is a engineer he is alway traveling around there, he is not a vca member though, do you know of him?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure who that guy is.

This is for the Virginia/Maryland chapter and I've seen pretty much every Viper in the area down here. I happen to be down here for vacation currently.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is always in maryland and then back to connecticut I think his girl lives there. He was actually moving to medford ma as got a good job offer.

OP
OP
N

nt2L8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
KNG SNKE,

I don't recall if the stripes looked particularly wide, the guy was driving out of the parking lot when I saw the car. From what I could tell it looked to be clean and well taken care of. I must say your comment has me curious, but I won't ask. I appriciate your responses and identifiction attempts. This Spring I'll attempt to meet up with some of the local members.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your time in the area.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you local to Chesapeake or just visiting? Have you talked to any of the local people? If you haven't met our local pres shoot me a pm and Ill get you added to the email list down here. Also Ill be local until Jan 2nd if you have any questions etc just PM me or we can meet up. My car is in RI since I live there temporarily but I still know my way around the Viper quite well.

OP
OP
N

nt2L8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have some decent roads to cruise in Connecticut. 95% of the time I head for the back roads of Chespapeake, and sometimes into North Carolina, but need a change of scenery. I need to get mine in the mountains of Central Virginia.

I was a resident of Chesapeake for 14 years. I have been living in Virginia Beach for the last 4 - I've been in the area for 26 years. I was welcomed to the Local chapter but I do need to insure that I am on the current email list because I didn't receive the Christmas party announcement (unless it was deleted before I saw it which is very possible). Concerning other local members, I have only met one ('05 Copperhead) a couple of months before I purchased mine. This past Spring I had planned on meeting some of the guys at one or more of the Saturday morning coffe shop gatherings, but other commitments got in the way - I need to make a better effort next spring. Thank you for your offer of knowlegable assistance - I'm in pretty good shape right now but if the offer stands I may pick your brain in the future. I will be putting mine in the shop soon to change some fluids, replace a seal, and install a MGW short shifter I purchased from Woodhouse.

Signing out to take a ride - as long as the rain will hold off - Merry Christmas.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about CT roads but there are nice ones in Vermont.

Western VA mountains have nice roads as well.

PM me your email and I will get you on the local list down here.

3 local copperhead owners that I know of. One doesn't come put much at all, one all the time and the other is new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen