Gen 1 alarm question, "just in case"

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This hasn't happened to me, but if I know my luck, it will one day. Say I set off my alarm and don't have my keyfob with me to turn it off. What do I do? I did a search but didn't see any answers, (prob out of security to thrawt any Viper carjacker wannabe's). Feel free to PM me the answer or a # and I can call you. TIA!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't it just time out after a few minutes of honking, but leave the car disabled? I don't think there's a hurry to do anything.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"prob out of security to thrawt any Viper carjacker wannabe's"

Precisely!!!

And, YES...there are things to do for an immediate "cure"...once whoever you call feels comfortable giving you the info AND you agree NOT to post it.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
MY error, Chad...the "you" above was a generic term...NOT meant for YOU, our revered GA President !!! :)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do the gen 1 cars have a door lock key,if they do u should be able to do it that way

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Chad! Spend a few days in MoTown and come back wanting to know how to arm a Viper!:lmao:

Must have been an exciting trip!;)

Robert

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluesrt, the early Gen 1 cars do not have key locks on the door, you have to open them from the inside handle.

Mopar Boy, from what I understand about MoTown, the proper way to arm a Viper there involves at least a platoon of heavily armed Marines, and a bus. Basically you drive the Viper to say Lansing, park it there with two squads of the above mentioned Marines watching it. Drive the bus with the remaining Marines to Detroit and leave them with the bus, do what you need to do. Then go recover your car and the Marines.

V10SpeedLuvr, luckily this is an easy work around. Only Eighteen steps, as detailed below..
Equipment needed: You'll need the following tools, a phillips screwdriver, a paperclip, a short length of wire, a flashlight, a PC or MAC, a drink,a bottle of Motrin (or similar) and a cell phone.
Step One: Open the drivers door.
Step Two: Remove the two phillips head screws from the lower dash that you can see in the door jamb.
Step Three: Remove the three remaining screws from the lower dash panel, one at the far left under the headlight switch, then the two that are roughly 6 inches from either side of the vent hole.
Step Four: Place the panel in the passenger seat.
Step Five: Now remove the A/C vent, two screws one on each side fo the bracket at the face of the lower dash. Step Six: Take a break and go get the drink and the Motrin. Take the Motrin (trust me on this, you'll thank me later)
Step Seven: sit on the drivers side door sill, lie across the seat, now squirm around and wedge your upper body between the seat and the bottom of the steering wheel, with your head under the dash.
Once you're in there really good where you can see nothing but blackness.
Step Eight: Extricate yourself and go get the flashlight.
Step Nine: Repeat step seven.
Step Ten: turn on the flashlight and look a the area behind the ingition key. You'll see a couple of black boxes with plugs and a bunch of wires coming out of them.
Step Eleven: extricate yourself and go to the PC and log into Viper Club of America.
Step Twelve: PM Steve-Indy and beg and plead for him to share his knowledge and his phone number.
Step Thirteen: With Steve-Indy on the cell phone, repeat Step Seven.
Step Fourteen: Follow Steve-Indy's directions about what you should do with the paperclip and the wire.
Step Fifteen: Pledge your unending devotion to Steve-Indy for passing along his wisdom.
Step Sixteen: Starting at Step Five, work your way backwards to step one.
Step Seventeen: (Optional) We're almost done, now one last phone call to make. Call your massage therapist or Chiropractor and take the first available appointment.
Step Eighteen, Until that time comes, repeat Step Six, Of course, results will vary according to the potency of the drink. But on the bright side, if you can still enter and exit your Viper, you can drive it to the appointment you made in step Seventeen.

Last edited:

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its not that difficult Chad, with all the explanation Ryan wrote its easy now, just pull the green wire and ground it with the ignition key on, and the alarm will dissable....