Gen 1 "black" dash paint?

ruf575

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does any body have any suggestions on flat black touch up paint or what ever the factory paint was. I installed my new (bought in 2005)dash unfortunatley I have some(3)very small scratch's from the install. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thanks

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 black? My original 94 dash was grey and the replacement was grey also.

The windshield surround on my 94 is black and I have touched it up with Plasti-Cote flexible bumper and trim color #1895 semi gloss black spray paint with good results. Same color as at the base of the windshield. I think I got it at Pep Boys. If the scratches are really minor, I would try a very fine brush. If you plan on trying to spray it, you may as well take out the entire dash an plan on installing it again. It gets real easy after you have had it in and out a few times.

I need to do a complete repaint on my 96 GTS as well as the drivers side windshield pillar. They all seem to scratch very easily.

The original grey "soft touch" paint on the 94 dash should have been named "never really dries hard" and really *****.

OP
OP
R

ruf575

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip for my touch up project. The scratches are very minor, somehow I nicked a few spots on the dash with my fingernails when installing it. I think my new OEM "black" dash scrathes easier than my original "grey" one.
Thanks again for the tip!!