Gen 1 Gen 2 fog lamps for $45

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I commute 104 miles/day and the winter road repairs leave lots of asphalt pieces on the road. Took a hit in the fog lamp, which had been cracked for a long time. I removed the unit by unscrewing the tiny bolts for the front fascia in the wheelwell and pried open the area behind the fog lamp. I took off the plastic rear cover of the fog lamp and the back of the glass has a Bosch part number sticker. I Googled the number 0305403011 and found two places selling new units.

1) an online auto parts store that as soon as you click "add to cart" tells you the manufacturer has them on backorder, but encourages you to check back. $46

2) French eBay, where someone with Citroen D2 parts is selling them for 30 Euro. I bought two and with international shipping was $140 total. New units in older looking boxes and have a post mount - remove it to use the Viper mount or reuse your entire plastic back, since it is most likely your glass is broken, not the plastic.

Just installed mine, can verify it works and is the same unit. It is ironic since to buy my Viper, I sold a home-built Cobra. My 427 Cobra replica had bullet taillights that were expensive from the kit car company, but identical to the Lucas taillights on a Citroen. Once again, a French influence on my favorite cars...

I put the part info in the Sourcing Obsolete Parts thread.

Attachments

• fogs.jpg
    fogs.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 67

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
industrious and nice find tom :headbang:

thanks for the info

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Tom...good find. However, Gen II fog lights are different from Gen I lamps. They mount differently and are not Bosch but Audi lamps.

Gen II lamps mount to a ring and three screws to the fascia, while the Gen I lamps are "hinged" from the top with a clip at the bottom.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Tom...good find. However, Gen II fog lights are different from Gen I lamps. They mount differently and are not Bosch but Audi lamps.

Gen II lamps mount to a ring and three screws to the fascia, while the Gen I lamps are "hinged" from the top with a clip at the bottom.

Sorry, I guess I was fooled by the Viper parts book. It shows the same image for Gen 1 and Gen 2 fog lamps, but now that I look closer, the parts number is different.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, the parts books do use the same earlier pictures...and the same pics are on the dealer computers. I was looking something up and noticed it just recently myself.