Gen 1 hoodpad OEM?

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did gen 1's (1994's specifically) come with hood pads? I bought my car w/ only 7,000 miles on it and it didn't have one. It doesn't appear to serve any other purpose other than appearance, correct?

If it was OEM, any ideas of where one can be purchased? Partsrack maybe? Jon are you out there??? :D

Thanks,
~Craig

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1's did not come with a hoodpad but you can buy them from a couple of different places, Partsrack is one of those places. IF you buy one though, test fit it before you install it. I bought one from R and D Distributing and it fit like crap!! Then when I called they did not do a thing to help me out. Would not even take it back and refund my money. Have not bought anything from them since. They are nice but TEST FIT FIRST!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is one of those things you are supposed to actually get at your local dodge dealer for the best deal, since there large size adds a big shipping cost. They are not that much if I remember, maybe less than a couple hundred bucks.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1's did not come with a hoodpad but you can buy them from a couple of different places, Partsrack is one of those places. IF you buy one though, test fit it before you install it. I bought one from R and D Distributing and it fit like crap!! Then when I called they did not do a thing to help me out. Would not even take it back and refund my money. Have not bought anything from them since. They are nice but TEST FIT FIRST!

What a familiar story! I had to do some major mods to my hoodpad I bought from R and D also! They told me that I was the only one ever to complain. :nono:

Anyway, it came out OK at best. The logo was nicely done. Better than the little silver square that was glued to the inside of my 94 hood when I bought it.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not the origional owner of my 94' but it has an old worn out pad on the underside of the hood. Sure looks to be stock/origional to me, as not many mods were on the car when I got it. I couldn't see any of the owners buying that as an upgrade and neglecting everything else, just doesn't seem feesable that my car did not come with it origionally.

So, I tend to lean towards the statement about Early 94's did not come with them. I think I discovered mine was a later 94' a while back, but I forgot how to tell....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte