Gen 1 oil fill cap 0-ring size?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the o-ring on a Gen 1 ratcheting oil fill cap? The cap part number is 4621 875. Mine is hard as a rock and leaks down the rocker cover on the manifold and block. My o-ring, that is.

Measurements of the old one are roughly 1.225" ID, 1.395" OD and depending on the orientation, 0.115" to 0.086" cross section. Again, those measurements are of my o-ring.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you want to keep it OEM, you can get a generic oil cap for about $10. I know you may want to keep a garage queen like your car all OEM though :D

Har-har. 114K and adding 104/day. Walk close to my wheels and your leg hair will have mascara.

The generic cap has the right thread for the rocker cover? My Charger, Jeep, Neon, Dakota all seem to have something different.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first I thought you said you had 104k and I was about to ask if you were slipping or something. Then I saw it was 114k, so I'm proud of you again :)

But yes, the generic oil cap works fine. I bought a red one w/a white Sneaky Pete sticker on it off Ebay a few years ago and haven't had any problems. Also bought one from Advance Auto Parts when the Ebay cap was lost (later found) while doing the headgaskets and it worked fine as well.

Signed,

102,9?? miles and never been wet :D

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not done a stock O-ring replacement, but I do have a different O-ring on there for the catch can breather assembly.

I would think that a plumbing supply shop would have a large selection for you to choose from.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just match them up with generic o-rings from our local auto parts store.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you want to keep it OEM, you can get a generic oil cap for about $10. I know you may want to keep a garage queen like your car all OEM though :D
Considering that the factory cap lists at $8.00 (updated Mopar part #04573497AB) and an extra O-ring lists at $4.75, that generic cap may not be such a good deal for a change... :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4