Gen 1 Soft Top repair

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a repair shop that can replace my canvas and possibly replace a few missing parts. Got caught in a quick shower today *******. Sunny all day my arssss.... Thanks in advance!

Mike

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to your local interior shop. They should be able to order the canvas and install it. What other parts do you need?

OP
OP
M

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for parts, I'm not really sure. The major parts of the top seem to be there. I personally have never had the top on the car or even attempted to assemble it until today. There appear to be some threaded holes on the folding arms on the side, but I don't have whatever (screw, latch, etc) that threads into them. I did a quick search in the forums for "How to assemble sof top", but struck out. Any help is appreciated.

Mike

OP
OP
M

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose if I knew how to spell "soft top" I may have better luck! :)

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

It sounds like you have a gen II top. I believe the Gen I top assembled differently. As far as finding a new cover, you might check eBay. Not that I have ever bought one. PM me if I can help. Do you have a hard top for now? If not I might have one that will fit. You might also try calling Chuck Tator. Knowing him, he may have the parts you need.

BTW, our region is very active. I hope you can make it to one of our events this summer. You don't have to join the VCA to attend your first event. You can come as my guest the first time. We always have a great time.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics of what you have/need are appreciated. Seems like you need the thumbscrews that secure the side arms to the front section if it's like my '94. Let's see what you have and what it's for.

I may be able to help you when it comes to hardware fabrication.

OP
OP
M

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite! I'll keep an eye out for local events.

I do have a hardtop and only want the softop for the occasional sun shower. I'll take some pictures of what I'm referring to and post them.

OP
OP
M

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thumbscrews would seem to make sense. I'll post some pics in the next few days. Thanks!

Mike

OP
OP
M

MassViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of what I have been describing.

You must be registered for see images attach