Gen 2 Billet dead pedal kit

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have matching billet pedal covers for clutch, brake and gas pedals in about 2 weeks

We made the pedal 1/4 inch less wide than our original concept and made it 2.5 time longer for more support, it is adjustable for height and angle and has lots of travel froward and backward. Also included but not in pic is an adjuster for clutch height to lower the clutch to approx the same height of the brake pedal
DSC00814.JPG

side view

DSC00811.JPG

can be ordered from Jon @ Partsrack, Dan @ DC performance or direct from Vipair performance ( email or PM me )

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good: What is involved in the install and does it interfere at all with the drivers left foot while useing the clutch?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER GTSR 91 ,

Install is really easy, involves removing a little bit of insulation under the carpet where it is mounted, then drill 2 holes, attach dead pedal bracket, adjust pedal to suit, and tighten all down. Now that I have done a few, it takes all of 10 minutes. Installing the ( free ) clutch adjuster ( to lower the clutch pedal ) takes just a couple of minutes as well.

There is plenty of room for your clutching foot, we narrowed up the pedal from our original design ( but made it longer for more support ) adn with the removal of a 1/2 inch of insulation there is enough room for pretty much anyone's foot.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER GTSR 91 ,

adn with the removal of a 1/2 inch of insulation there is enough room for pretty much anyone's foot.

That's the part that interests me the most. I just don't see where you find the space. There APPEARS to be barely an inch to the left of my clutch. As it is, I often accidently use the left wall of the footwell to position my foot on the clutch. I don't see how a dead pedal would'nt cause me havoc unless all the pedals were adjusted a few inces to the right. Maybe it's my big feet?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER GTSR 91 ,

adn with the removal of a 1/2 inch of insulation there is enough room for pretty much anyone's foot.

That's the part that interests me the most. I just don't see where you find the space. There APPEARS to be barely an inch to the left of my clutch. As it is, I often accidently use the left wall of the footwell to position my foot on the clutch. I don't see how a dead pedal would'nt cause me havoc unless all the pedals were adjusted a few inces to the right. Maybe it's my big feet?

Scott, maybe the dead pedal will force your right foot be correctly positioned so that you actually stomp on the gas and take your car past 2,500 RPM. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I first started reading this thread I've noticed that my left foot is within 1/2 inch of the left side wall when using the clutch. If I didn't have it there it would get in the way every time I applied the brakes.

I just don't see how there is any room for a dead pedal. I wear size 9 1/2D shoes, so my feet are not all that big.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, maybe the dead pedal will force your right foot be correctly positioned so that you actually stomp on the gas and take your car past 2,500 RPM. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

I was confused why you were referring to my right foot....till I realized my LOUSY rep in this wonderous club of ours! :curse: :D :D :D

Curse you Chuck Tator!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all you guys that are concerned with space for your feet, here is a pic with a street shoe with wide soles on it in between the dead pedal and teh brake pedal. As you can see there is ample room for your foot, we will soon have a set of billet pedal covers for GEN 2 that will result in the removal of teh rubber pedal covers which will give an extra 1/8 of an inch or so, we are making these billet pedal covers with more pedal on them on the right hand side of the pedal which will allow you to blip the throttle with the side of your foot during downshifts instead of using your heel ( we will also have a bit more meat on the gas pedal at the bottom for those that liek using their heel though )

DSC00833.JPG