Gen 2 rims.. NT555 front and NT555R rear

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this combo run nicely?

Trying to find tires for my car and seems KDW are sold out everywhere, with wedding planned out end of summer, let's just say budget is bit tight for a set of PS2/PZero so I am trying to find a solution

NT555 street tires and the NT555R are drag radials, they look like same pattern so figure they might be a decent match for the price?

on Gen 2 18inch 5 spoke rims

Last edited:

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running Toyo R888 proxies on my Gen II, 295/30/18 up front and 335/30/18 out back. They have a tread wear rating of 100 but I've put almost 7,000 street miles on them with alot of it being spirited mountain driving. I wouldn't drive them through the slightest bit of water though as they're a street legal track tire. That being said, I still have more than plenty of tread to get me through this driving season. For the price they're hard to beat. (1,100 shipped to my door) I do recommend making sure your car is properly alined cause if it's not they'll get eaten up quick. Also hold back on the burnouts lol

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya, I also saw the R888 and price was good, the NT555 and NT555R combo would be around 950$

I usually don't drive when rain is out, but sometimes you can get caught in it so still need a tire that will work in rain

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spikeone,
I run the Nitto NT555Rs on my ‘02 GTS. I like them. I purchased them because I wanted to try something different. I have found them sticky, great in a straight line, good around the corners, ok in the wet, and really like the aggressive look. My only complaint is they seem to flat spot if the Viper has been sitting for months at a time. However, after 20 mins of driving and letting the tires warm up, they are good again. Just to note a comparison, I have PS2 on my b/w. That is truly a great all around tire. I purchased my Nitto’s from a VCA supporter. PM if you’d like.
Hope this helps, good luck.
jim

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this combo run nicely?

Trying to find tires for my car and seems KDW are sold out everywhere, with wedding planned out end of summer, let's just say budget is bit tight for a set of PS2/PZero so I am trying to find a solution

NT555 street tires and the NT555R are drag radials, they look like same pattern so figure they might be a decent match for the price?

on Gen 2 18inch 5 spoke rims

I have this exact combo on my OEM 2001 rims. Great traction and no side wall roll from the drag radials in the twisties.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever go around corners any kind of fast, don't put drag radials on the car....they're for straight line hook-up only. No sidewall stability in the turns....:nono:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry should of mentionned it, I have Gen 2 18" rims (1999 Viper)

I didn't realize Nitto555's fit on a GenII, rears ...?

Yeh, second on driving a drag tire on any turns.

I am still running Toyo R888's, street to track, decent tire in the rain too.

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya, I do wish we had more tire choices

and with BF Goodrich KDW being backordered everywhere with no sign of any ETA, I sure hope they aren't going to stop producing them