Gen 2 Seats interchangeable?

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having a repair done to the drivers seat bolster on the bottom portion of the driver's seat. The fix is only meant to be temporary as I am having the seats fully reupholstered this summer. I wanted to know if the bottom sections of the seats can be separated from the back section and switched (passenger side/driver side). If the repaired section is moved to the passenger side, the repair will last a lot longer from less use. Anyone have experience switching seats from one side to the other and separarating the bottom from back?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats an idea... I also have a crappy looking outside bolster from the previous owner but never crossed my mind to swap it to the other seat. I guess that could work. Your upholstry man will likely suggest just pulling the damaged section, Tracing it onto a fresh leather, cut out, stich in. Practically the same labor with the added cost of a little piece of leather.

I think the whole ordeal would be more trouble than its worth(especially if you have to pull both seats) and a waste of $$$ if your planning on redoing the seats anyway in a few months.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cushions should be interchangeable. Just removed my seats (gen 1) and installed the 2" seat lowering kit.

The back of your bottom seat cushion should just lift up....the front is held down with a wire that hooks under the bottom front of the seat. Just pry that wire loose (a little thinner than a clothes hanger wire) and the bottom cushion should lift right out.

Much easier to get them back into place if you tie a string to the wire and feed that through the seat to give you something to pull on to get the wire back into place

OP
OP
N

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cushions should be interchangeable. Just removed my seats (gen 1) and installed the 2" seat lowering kit.

The back of your bottom seat cushion should just lift up....the front is held down with a wire that hooks under the bottom front of the seat. Just pry that wire loose (a little thinner than a clothes hanger wire) and the bottom cushion should lift right out.

Much easier to get them back into place if you tie a string to the wire and feed that through the seat to give you something to pull on to get the wire back into place

Thanks. Helpful suggestion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4