Gen 3 cranks, but will not start.

TheViperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2006 Coupe cranks over fine, but will not fire up. Bad sensor of some kind? Ignition key OBDII error code display says "dONE", with no error codes. Used a MEMOSCAN error codes checker and got the same results- PCM memory lists no error codes.

Any ideas anyone?

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check for fuel pressure at the rail. check fuel relays in the fuse box. When this happened to me it ended up being a disconnected hose in the fuel pump basket in the fuel tank. I had upgraded fuel pumps and one of the hoses at the "T" fitting popped loose. First thing I would do is see if you're getting fuel to the engine. If so, could be a number of electrical items.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it cranks but is your battery hooked to a trickle charger/tender?

xr4racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see if the pump motor is working by having someone turn the key to the on position and taking off the gas cap and listening. There is a schrader valve under the black cap on the passenger side of the fuel rail. Take off the cap and push the needle fuel should come out under fairly high pressure. If no fuel ppump sound from the tank check fuse and fuel relay in the fuse box. If you hear the pump but are not getting pressure at the rail, hoses or wires may have coome off the pump in the tank. It is right on top i the rear deck under a round cover under the carpet.

matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang