Gen 3 or Gen 4 rims on Gen 2

AV108U

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering.. just want to know if anyone has put Gen 3 or 4's rims on an RT 10 Gen 2 ? Any mods have to be done ? Any rubbing because of the size difference. Any advise would help..Thx :dunno:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Mods need to be done, ANY GEN 3 or 4 wheel will bolt right up. I had 10 spoke GEN 3 wheels on my GEN 1 (18s front and 19s back). The actually look hot. Do a search for "ultimate wheel thread" and you will see LOTS of GEN2s with different GEN 3 and 4 wheels. If you like the Razors or 5 spoke styles you can get either of them DIRT CHEAP from Jon B parts rack. :headbang:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to get the Gen 3 lug nuts. Especially if you are putting Gen 3 wheels on a Gen 2.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao:

Just kidding. No problems switching Gen 3 wheels to a Gen 2 car.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the Gen II/III rear 19" tires will touch the plastic in the front of the rear wheel well when the suspension is at full droop and if you use a front tire that is any taller than a 275-35-35 the rear edge of the wheel opening in the hood will touch the tire in the half way open position. Neither of these really matter unless you jump your car often (Dukes of Hazzard style) or drive with the hood open.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im looking for a set of 5 spoke OE gen3 wheels if anyone has them for a good price.

A set just went for $3,250 with GOOD tires almost new and mint rims on EBAY last week. I was bidding on them, but didn't want to go that high.

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would duplicate this

"A set just went for $3,250 with GOOD tires almost new and mint rims on EBAY last week"

So if someone wants a set let me know:2tu: