Gen 3 Stero Swap Out

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
iM LOOKING TO PUT A NEW STERO,AMP,AND SPEAKERS IN MY GEN 3 AND DO IT MY SELF ANY ONE HAVE ANY HELPFULL HINTS ON HOW TO ?

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
I am interested in swapping for a new stereo too and I was not able to find much info on this topic. Unfortunately our dashboard requires cutting if you want to put a nice Double Din unit instead of the OEM one. To this day I could not find anyone who would sell precut dashboard center piece to make it look like an OEM cut.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking of swapping out the OEM headunit and do it myself also. What I've in mind for a do-it-yourself project is to use a single DIN slide-out navigation unit with at least a 25 watts per (4) channel built-in amp and then upgrade the speakers. Should be easy to do but I couldn't find a supplier that sells the dash panel to fill the gap left behind by the slightly bigger and rounder factory head unit. So does anyone know where I can get such a dash panel/kit?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dash kit:
Stereo Install Dash Kit Dodge Viper 02 03 04 - eBay (item 110128804592 end time Jan-07-09 13:29:16 PST)

One thing to remember, none of them have the same texture as your dash, and they don't fit perfectly FYI:confused:
I didn't like mine at first but Im kinda used to it now.:dunno:

Wiring kit:
Dodge VIPER 05 2005 Car Stereo Wire harness - eBay (item 120307055465 end time Jan-15-09 17:26:55 PST)
They're all the same regardless of brand. Color to color, its easy, just remember you need to hook up the blue amplifier wire to use existing factory amplifier.
If you choose not to use the factory amplifier you'll have to run new speaker wires. I used my factory amp, as its still better than deck power.

On second thought, the dash kit still bugs me:rolleyes:

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dash kit:
Stereo Install Dash Kit Dodge Viper 02 03 04 - eBay (item 110128804592 end time Jan-07-09 13:29:16 PST)

One thing to remember, none of them have the same texture as your dash, and they don't fit perfectly FYI:confused:
I didn't like mine at first but Im kinda used to it now.:dunno:

Wiring kit:
Dodge VIPER 05 2005 Car Stereo Wire harness - eBay (item 120307055465 end time Jan-15-09 17:26:55 PST)
They're all the same regardless of brand. Color to color, its easy, just remember you need to hook up the blue amplifier wire to use existing factory amplifier.
If you choose not to use the factory amplifier you'll have to run new speaker wires. I used my factory amp, as its still better than deck power.

On second thought, the dash kit still bugs me:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the links. Wish someone would make a good aftermarket CF center panel with a Double DIN opening.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4