Gen 3 Tailights - Too plain... Ideas?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like my Gen 3 convertible, but I have always thought the tail lights just seemed very drab for a sports car. That is one of the main reasons I want to convert to a Street Serpent someday, but until then maybe there is something that someone has come up with to make those look a little better. Any thoughts/ideas? I did a search and did not come up with much. They just seem so "plain Jane" on a car that looks so great from every other angle. Kind of like how Dodge uglied up the rear end of the Dodge Stealth. The sister car "Mitsubishi 3000GT" looked a heck of a lot better. Anyway, thanks. Man, I am busy this holiday weekend thinking of ways to spend my wife's money!!! :)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha yeah you are. Painting the lower rear fascia satin black changes up the rear quite a bit, along with adding a low rise Hennesey spoiler. No one will look at the taillights then!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Did someone say Street Serpent??? I know - I'm a post/pic *****.

ecdysis.jpg

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the way they should have looked from the factory, except what the heck did you do to the rear valence/ diffuser area...................ouch, fix me fix me!

Did someone say Street Serpent??? I know - I'm a post/pic *****.

ecdysis.jpg

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the ideas!!! This board is very cool. I think I will try the fish tank idea first!

Street Serpent very nice, but what did happen to the underneath or is that just reflections from taking the picture?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just looks like wetsanding residue trails that didn't get cleaned up after the paintjob...they'll wipe right off

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessy rear end for me this spring. That looks awesome. Street serpent is still the best looking though.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Actually just some road mud residue. Got stuck going thru a wet mud detour (really pissed me off) and missed it when I washed it. With how low my rear is, I need a creeper to get under there! Might have to photoshop that dirt off as I really like that picture.

It just looks like wetsanding residue trails that didn't get cleaned up after the paintjob...they'll wipe right off

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the lights but just thought they were too red. Soo I had mine sprayed with a tinted clear. Came out awesome and not too dark...

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the lights but just thought they were too red. Soo I had mine sprayed with a tinted clear. Came out awesome and not too dark...

Looks nice. Spray in inside, right? Who does such work--a regular body shop? Would most body shots know what you mean??

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inside? No they paint the outside just like anything else. Any body shop should know how to do it.

Looks nice. Spray in inside, right? Who does such work--a regular body shop? Would most body shots know what you mean??