Gen 5 ACR two tone with driver's stripe - Forza Motorsport Version

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not feeling that color scheme on the curves of the Gen V. It looks best on the more angular Gen IV.

OP
OP
A

austeo23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the black center band scheme definitely fits a lot more naturally on the Gen IV, especially the hood section.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem here is if you would look at that car from the front you would realize that the red stripe does not go through the steering wheel. :)

I noticed this myself when I did the same design. The gen V is to curvy, the gen IV is more angular and the ACR theme fits. What I did was I started out with a 'fang' style stripe and worked it's way wider down to the roof. I didn't have it extend to the rear hatch and instead rounded it off at the back window since the tail light surround is already in carbon. Either way, the new ACR theme, if there is one, should be completely different.

--RS

You must be registered for see images

P.S. The old 2000 GTS/R concept stripes work really well on this car...

You must be registered for see images attach

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I know it's just a game but it's sad how much more aggressive the Gen IV looks. It makes the front of the Gen V look plain.

Gen IV front and Gen V sides/rear look best

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really prefer the looks of the Gen V myself. I just realized if you put wiskers on the dead on front shot, it reminds me of a cat fish.:)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I know it's just a game but it's sad how much more aggressive the Gen IV looks. It makes the front of the Gen V look plain.

Gen IV front and Gen V sides/rear look best

+1 The front view of the Gen IV ACR is probably the most aggressive looking on a production car ever made possibly including the Gen II ACR front. SRT did a spectacular job with styling the sides and rear of the Gen V. I have got to see that car in person. To this day I have yet to see any Gen IV ACR in person for that matter. Rochester, NY is far from being a supercar Mecca to say the least.

austeo23 nailed it when he mentoned how the conventonal hood of the Gen IV ACR fits the blacked out section better than the clamshell hood of the Gen V. It looks almost as misplaced as putting a 'Cuda style hockey stick stripe on the side.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR paint scheme doesn't work at all on the Gen V.

Also I'm sorry but the GTSR wide concept stripes I think look awful too.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front of the GEN V is still not growing on me as much as Id like it to. Everything else about the car is good. There are a few things Id change, but I didnt design the car, so... Overall I really like the GEN V, I just cant get past the front. The GEN IV front, as mentioned above is probably the most aggressive looking car from the front. The GTSR pulls off the aggressive look with its wider hips, fog lights and reworked hood. Again, overall the GEN V looks great, just hope that the ACR version looks a lot more aggressive and sinister. Hopefully the base SRT hood can change some of that, but we dont know yet because SRT has yet to show us real pics of the damn thing.

Last edited:

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Gen II.

Let's have a 700hp Gen V GTS-R for the Street or just skip to Gen VI. I have seen Gen V in person and it does not "grow on me" or "look better in person". I will hold on to my Gen IV.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Gen II.

Let's have a 700hp Gen V GTS-R for the Street or just skip to Gen VI. I have seen Gen V in person and it does not "grow on me" or "look better in person". I will hold on to my Gen IV.

Sweet! Thankfully, we have a Gen V so we can speculate about the Gen VI

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front of the GEN V is still not growing on me as much as Id lile it to. Everything else about the car is good. There are a few things Id change, but I disnt design the car, so... Overall I really like the GEN V, I just cant get past the front. The GEN IV front, as mentioned above is probably the most aggressive looking cars from the front.The GTSR pulls off the aggressive look with its wider hips, fog lights and reworked hood. Again, overall the GEN V looks great, just hope that the ACR version looks a lot more aggressive and sinister. Hopefully the base SRT hood can change some of that, but we dont know yet because SRT has yet to show us real pics of the damn thing.

What he said!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Gen IV ACR paint scheme....but I also believe it should stay specific to that car.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem here is if you would look at that car from the front you would realize that the red stripe does not go through the steering wheel. :)

I noticed this myself when I did the same design. The gen V is to curvy, the gen IV is more angular and the ACR theme fits. What I did was I started out with a 'fang' style stripe and worked it's way wider down to the roof. I didn't have it extend to the rear hatch and instead rounded it off at the back window since the tail light surround is already in carbon. Either way, the new ACR theme, if there is one, should be completely different.

--RS

P.S. The old 2000 GTS/R concept stripes work really well on this car...

You are so right. The 2000 concept stripes/paint scheme look great on the Gen V. I would love to see that scheme but with blue and silver or SSG and black.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the Gen 5 can pull off the "ACR" color scheme as well as the Gen 4 does.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it cant. Two reasons dont make it possible. 1) Its not aggressive looking enough and 2) Its too curvy for that type of paint scheme.
I don't think the Gen 5 can pull off the "ACR" color scheme as well as the Gen 4 does.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope the next ACR doesn't look like the Forza one. For one I don't like the front cable support for the splitter outside.

Yes the current ACR front end looks much more aggressive. I really dig mine..

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have the two hottest Vipers around!

I hope the next ACR doesn't look like the Forza one. For one I don't like the front cable support for the splitter outside.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree, the Gen IV ACR looks downright mean. I doubt the next ACR would carry external cabling for the splitter. That's a "standard" splitter, canard and rear wing option from the game, so any car you apply that to in the game looks like that.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh my, that silver ACR is pure car ****. Wow.

I like the gen5 but these pics with it next to the gen4 ACR is like putting it next to the GTS-r, makes it look soft.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ag·gres·sive

1. Characterized by aggression: aggressive behavior.
2. Inclined to behave in an actively hostile fashion:
an aggressive regime.
3. Assertive, bold, and energetic: an aggressive sales campaign.
4. Intense or harsh, as in color.

Gen IV ACR for the win.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In realizing I will be selling these in the future, I have to admit there is just something not quite right with the single driver's stripe on the Forza Edition. Like the one gentleman, I like the old GTS/R concept car stripes even better, but actually think it would behoove SRT to take the Gen V in a different direction -- give the car it's own look. The most obvious would let it match the GTS-R car for ALMS competition or variants in that paint scheme. That would like knock folks off their rockers, and it would show a continuity with the full blown race cars to it's street worthy sibling.

The old school paint , in my humble opinion, belongs to the last Generation , and this new , fresh , curvy beast , needs it's own special identity. Doing it like the ALMS cars could bring it around to the point that wins on Sunday could mean a model in the driveway, that really matched on Monday/

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The single drivers stripe will always be Gen 4 ACR.
I agree Bill. Can't go back again has to be unique to the new Generation that will be instantly identifiable.
I'm sure the designers can come up with something very cool.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is, does the ACR follow the path of the past generations where we must wait long periods of time before we see it? I have heard Ralph mention that they were working on a 'Carbon' version and I really would like to see that, but I haven't heard of an ACR being in the works. I hope they don't wait too long. Truth be told, I believe there are a significant number of members on this forum that won't trade up until an ACR is available.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is, does the ACR follow the path of the past generations where we must wait long periods of time before we see it? I have heard Ralph mention that they were working on a 'Carbon' version and I really would like to see that, but I haven't heard of an ACR being in the works. I hope they don't wait too long. Truth be told, I believe there are a significant number of members on this forum that won't trade up until an ACR is available.

Exactly right.
I don't know anyone in the NY/CT club that has said flat out they are getting a Gen 5.
But I know at least 4 guys including me that would seriously look at a Gen 5 ACR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang