gen 5 brochure

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be nice if the vca would give all payed members the 65 page 2013 viper brochure instead of the other things they send us with our membership. its too bad if we want one, most of us have to buy one off e bay.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All dealers got a few regardless if they are SRT certified. Go to a Local dealership and ask for one.

but yes, all current Viper owners should get one as a good marketing tool.

Bruce

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I stopped in over at the local dealer after work, which by the way is a 'complete SRT certified' or whatever dealer as per the website and not a single SRT anything besides the lone 300 from last year is the only thing SRT in there. The guy I asked didn't even seem to know what SRT was when I mentioned it and unlike most dealers I stop at, didn't even bother to get my info which seemed odd to me.

Meanwhile, the dealer that I got my car from was into SRT, racing, etc the whole package and yet they, like Tators, were shut down.

--RS

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I found similar things at every car dealer I've ever been to. Many car dealers simply hire people who want a job and have no passion or interest in what they sell, and I have found that close to 95% of the time I knew far more about their cars than the salesmen that I spoke to. In most cases the dealer quoted basic things wrong such as horsepower figures, how many cylinders the engine is, the extra options on the car that come with the package equipped on that car, and even were very off on pricing. It's embarrassing for a dealer to have salesmen like that representing their brand, and frankly it ****** me off when I find myself dealing with someone like that.....but then again, that's most car salesmen at regular "Joe Shmoe" dealerships that aren't a higher end brand or a top grossing dealership. Usually I have used that to my benefit in getting such a good deal on a car that it felt like I was stealing candy from a baby, but it certainly doesn't give you much confidence in a brand to have people working there who know nothing about the cars or brand they are supposed to be experts on. This is especially true with the Viper in Dodge (ahem, SRT) dealerships as they never seem to be very educated in the Viper or any of their other high performance models despite if they think they are "cool cars" or "hot rods". That can't help with sales.....

If only qualified salesmen and automotive techs worked at dealerships like Dodge (SRT) then it would seriously help the brand and also help sell the cars. Not to mention we Viper owners would feel more confident taking our cars there for oil changes or warrantee repairs.....

As for the matter of getting a Viper brochure from a dealer, good luck..... As a young guy of 33 years old, I have been ignored at most dealers for most of my adult life when looking for my latest and greatest sports car purchase. You would be lucky if they even had any copies on hand, and many of the salesmen keep them for themselves and never give them out.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be that each dealership will only get one, and use it to help customers to decide on which options to choose.

This latest brochure is over the top. Looks like something you would see at a Bentley showroom.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would really like one to understand options, etc, while it may be downloadable, Internet configurable, etc. there are many of us who still like the old way of doing business. View it as nook reader vs. hard copy book reader. VCA member perk is a good marketing idea. Maybe it should be limited to Venom members.:D

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dealerships will only get three , then they will have to order them ( they are a pay item and need to be purchased in bulk ). Therefore many Dealers will only have one for the purchaser of the few vehicles they receive. They are currently in very short supply, but nice idea for VCA members to be able to acquire one.

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,
What is the cost for a bulkorder? I would love to have one and would buy one from you. Maybe you could get a tally of how many VCA members here would buy them and then offer them to us?
Dave