Gen 5 Viper Base model dsc controller

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there fellow Gen 5 vipers,

Currently I have the base 2016 viper and a friend of mine is selling his adaptive suspension to me for a steal 1000 USD, I was planning to fit a DSC controller unit and have contacted the company. I checked the rear trunk next to the battery and clearly shows a bracket where the oem controller and the plug covered in foam. Since I figure that all the trims use the same loom and fitted the extra speakers easy since everything is there. Is it possible to retro fit the unit as I only need to fit the street and race buttons on the central console.

Your hasty reply is highly appreciated,

Ahmed

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 19

Ritroman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Tractive shocks and the DSC controller in my Viper. The Tractive coilover shocks are expensive. The DSC controller uses the Tractive shocks but I believe it also works with the stock shocks but in a limited way with only two settings per each shock. Talk to Tom at DSC.

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there Retro, I did send them an email regarding this but did not get a reply, I wont mind buying the Tractive DDA – RTx Package with the controller on my car money is not an issue since i really dont like the gts nor acr. Want to make mine like I want , heck i have the acr calipers and carbon disc sitting here :D I feel happy the more I invest in it and making it my own style. So back to business the loom is the same for all cars the coils are there with the controller but I just want to know how to retro fit the race and street buttons.

Ritroman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the race and street buttons on the base model? If not then you will have a problem. Also, the base shocks may not work because they don't have the ability to change between street and race settings.
I still have my GTS stock coilover shocks and springs. They have very low mileage on them if you are interested.
The Tractive suspension is very expensive but it works very well. DCS offers two spring rate packages for their Tractive setup. One for the GTS and heavier springs for the ACR. Their ACR spring rates are more usable on the street then the factory ACR.

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I do not have the buttons but planning to go for Tractive DDA – RTx Package they have which are Adaptive so only thing missing as my knowledge are the buttons which i hope is not a nightmare to retrofit

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may also need the two-way adjustable shocks also.
Like I said before everything seems 2 be there to retro fit. only thing is missing will be trying to fit the street and race buttons

Cgstealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m literally doing this right now. I got the DSC RTX. I’m putting them in my 2013 SRT. I bought the radio bezel with the buttons. Suspension is in and connected, the model is in the hatch and connected, just put the radio bezel in tonight. ECS pops up on the lower left corner on start up and that’s it. Hitting the buttons do nothing currently. I have not driven the car yet tho either.

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smh......... Tried resetting faults with a proper scanning tool?

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm contact the owner of the company and i will . This is a joke for this premium product...... Need this before I go on a Euro trip ffs. Excuse my language

Cgstealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed them also last night. I’ll keep you updated if I get an answer.

Cgstealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I got from them is to check my connections. Obviously I did that multiple times. All 4 corners are getting power along with power going to the module in the hatch.

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that is very helpful from them , who is the owner il will handle it

Ritroman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you buy the controller and coilovers from DSC Sport? I would call DSC. Also need to be sure the software is installed on the controller box.

OP
OP

7flush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I got from them is to check my connections. Obviously I did that multiple times. All 4 corners are getting power along with power going to the module in the hatch.
Ping, did u manage to contact them, I mean its funny if the controller came with another software.

Cgstealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have not responded Yet. My coilovers and controller came out of another viper. And was working 100% when removed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala