Gen II Engine Compartment Upgrades - Photos

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Continuing my quest to make my engine compartment look better, not fancier, just better....would like to see some photos of what others have done. Have seen Asp Man and Baz....nice, clean looking engine compartments, already going to switch to stainless steel cap screws...but want to see what others have done or are doing.

Thanks in advance.:headbang:

Peter

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mostly color in my case:

Wrinkle grey on the rocker covers, intake manifold and PCM cover with cowl piece painted to match body (sorry for strange color of these shots - too blue)

You must be registered for see images

Smooth tubes are also wrinkle grey powder coat (dang I need to clean up that throttle position sensor harness connection) coming out of a stock air box modified to have 3" oulets and moved rearward due to very thick radiator

You must be registered for see images

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little different take on the wrinkle paint theme only Black (on a black car of course) . . .

2453Viper_Engine_1_.JPG

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks for posting the photos so quickly. Never really thought about paint, but the wrinkle finish - both gray and black versions - really gives the motor a unique look.

Cayman, who supplies the rocker covers - either polished or chrome - they look really good. Is that something Roe offers?

Thanks again...hope the pics keep coming, great ideas!

Peter

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Cayman, who supplies the rocker covers - either polished or chrome - they look really good. Is that something Roe offers?"

Actually, they are polished stainless overlays.:smirk:
MADDMAXS57 - That engine bay kicks ****! :2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removed wipers and replaced with NOS purges, vented cowl, Gen 3 Valve covers, Sapphire paint, custom polished aluminum radiator overflow tank,
Polished remote power steering pump/reservoir, 2-custom catch cans, all chrome engine and hood brackets, all steel braided lines.....

And "shiny" stuff....:dunno:

Home_finally_004.jpg

Power steering reservoir tank is attached to side of cold air box. Next to Stainless steel radiator pipe....

new_engine_0032.jpg

Home_finally_015.jpg

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, replaced ALL engine screws/bolts with allen head cap screws...

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tree.....NICE! Well, let's see, I'm at least going to replace non-stress bolts/screws with stainless hex cap screws. See, I'm getting close.....:rolaugh:

Really nice, want to do steel braided lines at some point. Are these custom or does someone supply already made to fit lines?

Anyway, thanks for the pics...very nice.:2tu:

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tree, not to be a pain, but do you have any closeup shots of the top of your motor?:dunno:

Appreciate it.:2tu:

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, two questions....aside from comment of looks really great!

1- where do you get those rocker covers?
2- do you have a closeup pic of your polished intake?

Cool....thanks.

Peter

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, two questions....aside from comment of looks really great!

1- where do you get those rocker covers?
2- do you have a closeup pic of your polished intake?

Cool....thanks.

Peter

Thanks!

The valve covers are billet aluminum, but no longer made. I had them powder coated in black crinkle and the tops sanded off. Here is a picture of what they looked like before.
Picture_030B.jpg

Here is a picture of my intake before it was installed.
Simms_Intake.jpg

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, LOVE the intake. Mind if I ask how much that cost and who did it. Please excuse my ignorance, but I thought the manifold was magnesium and couldn't be polished...kind of like the factory valve covers.

Thanks...great photos.:2tu:

Peter

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, LOVE the intake. Mind if I ask how much that cost and who did it. Please excuse my ignorance, but I thought the manifold was magnesium and couldn't be polished...kind of like the factory valve covers.

Thanks...great photos.:2tu:

Peter

The intake is aluminum, the stock valve covers are magnesium.

My tuner had the intake polished, I'd have to check on the price.

Any good polisher should be able to do it, but as Plum said Snakepit Performance can do it for you as well (and they know vipers which is good).

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff, guys....I used to live in Forest Hills, so pretty familiar with LI.

Okay, have to add that to my (getting longer) list of mods for my car.

Question: so the stock rocker covers are magnesium...that means they can't be polished?

Thanks.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bummer......mine are a little oxidized in a few places...came through the paint....again, function of the great Florida weather/humidity!:(

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless you clearcoat the intake after polishing, its gonna be tough to keep it looking like that

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless you clearcoat the intake after polishing, its gonna be tough to keep it looking like that

You can say that again. I was a little worried the clear coat would yellow or flake over time, so I decided to leave it just polished.

I'm anal about keeping my car clean, so this is just another thing I have to hand polish every once in a while (wheels too).

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tree, not to be a pain, but do you have any closeup shots of the top of your motor?:dunno:

Appreciate it.:2tu:

Peter

This top of engine photo is all I have on this computer....

new_engine_0031.jpg

Home_finally_007.jpg

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tree, what alternator is that?

It's an OEM alternator. I had a alternator/starter rebuild shop take it apart and check out. I took the case, had it chromed, then put back together.

I did the same thing with SS TT but had alt. case powdercoated black.