Gen II on Auto Trader

cudasub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Red Gen II RT 10 with 20,000 miles for $25,000 on Auto Trader. Being sold by a dealership and looks nice. Looks like it has a cool air intake and new radio.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why so cheap? check title history sounds like a salvage or reconstructed title to me.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might also be a dealer with no interest and little commerce in Vipers......just flipping it to get it off the lot. (Salvage title is more likely.....)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is located in Denver, CO

It is at a Mercedes Dealership

Was likely a trade-in and they made so much $$ on the new car sold that they can easily afford to sell the snake at near-trade-in value. Its sometimes easier to offer for sale for a week or two before shipping it off to auction. Either way they will want that Red eye soar of a Dodge off of their lot ASAP. Taking attention away from the AMG's is not good for business. I wouldn't be surprised if it is parked in a back lot out of visibility.

The car has had 6 owners.

The owner that crashed it(#5) had the incident only 1 year into ownership. The damage was into a guardrail w/the front/right of the car, airbags did not deploy and repairs were made which were low enough to not cause a salvage status.

He only put a total of 800 miles on it in the 5 years that he owned it. What a looser.

If the car was within 4hrs driving distance of me I would go check it out and if it looked ok on a lift(frame&suspension) and the bodywork looked ok I would def buy it. 25K is a steal for a Gen2 without a salvage title IMO:2tu:

OP
OP
C

cudasub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a photo and write up:

You must be registered for see images attach

Used 1999 Dodge Viper RT/10 Roadster
27,082 miles
Stock No. TXV502834
VIN

See VIN

AT Car ID AT-169CEB86

Convertible

Exterior:
Red

Interior:
Black

CITY MPG

HWY MPG
Gasoline

10 Cylinder

Transmission:
6 Speed Manual

Drive Type:
2 wheel drive - rear

Autobiography ®

View the Free CARFAX Report for this Dodge

Seller Comments

WOW! Check out this 1999 Dodge Viper RT10. Ten cylinders of raw Mopar power ready for your motoring adventures. This vehicle has less than 30,000 miles and plenty of unused miles left on it. This is a drivers dream car and a steal at twice the price. This car sounds great and drives like a real American muscle car. We will check the major systems for proper operation, top off the fluids and complete a full detail. Out of state sales are welcome and shipping can be arranged for you or we will work with your shipper. Please let us know if you have any questions or need more information. Thanks for checking out this rare American dream car.

At Mercedes-Benz of Denver, our goal is to exceed your expectations at all times. The moment you walk into our showroom, which features the latest models available, we intend to help you find a new or used car you'll love. But, our relationship doesn't end there. Once you drive your new vehicle off the lot, you want to make sure that you get as much good use of out of it as possible.

DisclaimerWhile every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors contained on these pages. Please verify any information in question with Mercedes-Benz of Denver.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a reason you have posted about this car on every Viper site?

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a reason you have posted about this car on every Viper site?

Is there a reason not to?

Agreed...

I would do the exact same thing. The more eyes that see it the more info he can garner.

On that note.... Jon, how would you know he is on all the sites? You there too? .... :)

As far as the car itself, the only thing I see and can add is that the stripes are done after the fact and may be vinyl. Vipers did not have the out pin stripes, as far as I know, and the white stripes on red was not available until the final edition version of the Viper, on the Gen 2's.

Having said that, have it checked out on a lift and see that the damage from the accident was, in fact, light. If everything else is good and the repair work was done well, I'd have to agree that it's a great price for a Gen 2. Assuming everything is up to *****.

I will mention the one thing that jumps out at me: I wonder is why so many owners. Is there some underlying thing that keeps the car moving from owner to owner? Do the six owners include the dealers in the flow?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed...

I would do the exact same thing. The more eyes that see it the more info he can garner.

On that note.... Jon, how would you know he is on all the sites? You there too? .... :)

Yes, definitely read most of the car forums.
But I'm not pretending to be an unrelated anonymous person posting up some random car for sale when obviously there is a ulterior motive to sell that clunker.
He's going to wayyyyy too much effort to be uninvolved.

OP
OP
C

cudasub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope your wrong I am uninvolved. I own a 2001 Dodge Sapphire Blue that I purchased in May 2014. Prior to buying I joined this Viper club and Vipers Owner Club. Also regestered on ViperAlly too. Just wanted to let people know of the car for sale. Truth is with all the liberal crap and dope smoking going on in Colorado I could care less, but if a guy or gal could buy a Viper and join the clubs that would be great.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will mention the one thing that jumps out at me: I wonder is why so many owners. Is there some underlying thing that keeps the car moving from owner to owner? Do the six owners include the dealers in the flow?

Keep in mind the number of owners doesn't always mean too much. I am the 6th owner on my 98, got it with 18000 miles, no issues, no branded title. 15 year old car, and I guess a Viper isn't for everyone

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte