Gen II Radio

mopard150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Viper RT/10 and would like to replace the head unit with one that allows the hoke up of a mp3 player. does sany one know how to remove the rdaio hed unit?:eater:

OP
OP
M

mopard150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that was how it as done. Any special trick to the face place without breaking it?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
start down near the shifter and work your way up to the radio, pull off slowly and grab the corners not the thin center parts. thats how i do it at least

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As info...one of the nicest benefits of being a VCA member is that this information along with a lot more is available in the Illustrated Upgrades section (VCA members only)...you should consider joining, it's well worth it! I went ahead and copied a portion of a complete dash removal presentation that I put together...

Remove the following...

Shift Knob
- push the shift boot down over the shift knob locking nut
- use the 3/4" crescent wrench on the locking nut and the adjustable crescent wrench on the shift knob to break them apart
- unscrew the shift knob

Center Bezel
- remove the ash tray
- turn the A/C controls horizontally
- raise the emergency brake handle to the most vertical position
- remove the center bezel cover by popping the 6 locking tabs from the slots in the dash and the 2 velcro tabs
- use the flat head screwdriver and start with the two lower tabs and 2 velcro tabs
- pop the two upper tabs located above the stereo towards the ends
- pop the two middle tabs that are on each side of the climate controls
- unplug the electric window (2), defrost and lighter (2) connections that are attached to the back of these controls

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I put wiring instructions in the illustrated upgrades section as well as better speaker instructions.

Ted

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics/walk through!

On this topic...i'm planning to put a Pioneer N5 indash dvd/nav head unit in my FE...will it just slot in or will i have to do anything creative to make it fit?