gen II stock cats

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you want to put junk in your car ? im sure ya have your reason, im just curious.

now would be the time to install a good HF cat.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think anyone with stock cats would be happy to sell them.

Most will low miles and you probably want the newest, least mileage cats available. They like to plug up and since these stock cats are quite large they probably have a shorter service life.

Call JonB

Ted

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you want stock cats so you dont have to hack up your stock set to install high flow cats or straight pipes? If this is the case PM me. I have a very nice fully welded and ready to bolt on set of straight pipes with flex pipes that will be for sale soon. I also have another set of stock cat pipes with cats removed and ready to weld or clamp in high flow cats. You WILL NOT find a set of stock cats for less than 300 dollars FYI. They would be ~$50 just for shipping based on size and weight and everyone knows they are 600 each from the dealer.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got Roe HF on mine, but I still have my stock cats. I'll never use them as they create too much heat for any silver cars. My is Steelgrey so the effect of the heat from stock cats, could turn the side sills a yellowish tint. These cats have only 600 miles on them. Pay shipping!

OP
OP

97 gts vettslayr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The reason I want a stock set is because about 3 years ago I cut off my cats and welded straight pipes in place of them but I still have the stock headers. The mesh flex part has some tiny exhaust leaks now and it sounds like **** next to the car. It is driving me crazy every time I hear it. I really only need the mesh flex part of the cat pipes but since they are one piece most people won't cut off the cats just to sell the flex side. But if anyone wants to let me know. Thanks:devgrin:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or even check the classifieds. Stock headers (<10K) and flex pipes.

Ted