Gen III exaust ?

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys, so I will be getting a Gen 4 exhaust for my Gen III soon and I had a question on the "Test Pipe" to eleminate the secondary cats. Does somebody already make these or do I have to have them costume made. Ive heard of alot of people using these but never where they have gotten them. And yes Ive Used the search button. LOL. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one makes them...either cut off the secondary cat and weld in a new straight pipe to the correct, or gut the cat

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd hate to gut the cat cause those things are so damn spendy. I have heard of people doing it though. Sounds like somebody could make some bank if they were to start making them. I for one would be down for buying a set. Hell for that matter, I would really like to get rid of all 4 cats.

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gutted mine on my last Viper. I wanted to make sure my Corsa stayed perfectly lined up.

Once you cut the secondary cat off and weld a new pipe in place, they're worth zero anyways right? I wouldn't let their new replacement value influence your decision at all

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do our guys remove all cats or just secondaries? How much louder is the car with all cats removed vs just the secondaries? Also how is the exhaust note change when removing the gen 3 cross over?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do our guys remove all cats or just secondaries? How much louder is the car with all cats removed vs just the secondaries? Also how is the exhaust note change when removing the gen 3 cross over?

Most guys install high flow cats. I just installed cats back on my car...the volume is liveable without them, but I think the sound quality is atrocious.

You'll pick up some volume removing only the crossover, but nothing like a catback.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most guys install high flow cats. I just installed cats back on my car...the volume is liveable without them, but I think the sound quality is atrocious.

You'll pick up some volume removing only the crossover, but nothing like a catback.

I haven't opened up my sills but the car does have roe racing exhaust. Not sure what that all consists off.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster06, pm me if you are interested in either a used set of mopar street exhaust(2.5 inch system) or a mopar race exhaust with cat delete(3 inch system).Give me a Fair price on either and it's yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi