Gen III tire pressure sensors

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I upgrade from stock rims to aftermarket, do I keep the original sensors? Can I order new ones from Dodge, and if so, how much do they cost? Anyone with experience here, feel free to help me out.

Thanks!!

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in some can re-use the original sensors but, not all wheels are designed to accept them correctly. So, be careful in your wheel choice and make sure to verify that they will accept the sensors properly. Some companies that have not designed their wheels for the TPMS sensors will tell you to epoxy and strap the sensors to the wheels DO NOT fall for this ploy as it is not correct and can / will cause you problems down the road

OP
OP
D

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in some can re-use the original sensors but, not all wheels are designed to accept them correctly. So, be careful in your wheel choice and make sure to verify that they will accept the sensors properly. Some companies that have not designed their wheels for the TPMS sensors will tell you to epoxy and strap the sensors to the wheels DO NOT fall for this ploy as it is not correct and can / will cause you problems down the road

Do you know if the factory sensors fit in HRE rims? Thanks for your advice.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question exactly ....

HRE may have changed their wheel design to accomodate the sensors but, in the past they sensors had to be strap mounted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960