Gen III wheels on a GTS...

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed something different than the stock set-up and what caught my eye in the wheel threads was the Gen III wheels (10 spoke).
I like having OEM wheels even if they are from another year and I really wanted an 18/19 combo to help fill out the rear wheelwell, although in this picture I was on a little bit of a hill and the front is raised up. Otherwise the stance is great.
Under $3K will get you wheels/tires (mine with ~3500 miles) already mounted and balanced and shipped to your door.

What do you guys think? I like it on black...

You must be registered for see images attach

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed something different than the stock set-up and what caught my eye in the wheel threads was the Gen III wheels (10 spoke).
I like having OEM wheels even if they are from another year and I really wanted an 18/19 combo to help fill out the rear wheelwell, although in this picture I was on a little bit of a hill and the front is raised up. Otherwise the stance is great.
Under $3K will get you wheels/tires (mine with ~3500 miles) already mounted and balanced and shipped to your door.

looks good :2tu: :2tu:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great, i did the same thing on my 95....I really think the Gen3 wheels look best on Gen1&2's....

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

that looks sweet :cool: i just wish those wheels weren't so damn heavy

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that looks sweet :cool: i just wish those wheels weren't so damn heavy

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I weighed my stock 18" rears with stock tires and they were 63lbs and the Gen III with stock ZP's were 66-67lbs.

I don't know how accurate the scales were, but I do know that 3-4lbs. is a very slight difference for going to a larger wheel/tire combo...

BTW- the fronts looked to be slightly lighter for the Gen III combo...

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I may consider them for a B/W 96 gts. Where do you suggest looking for them, ebay?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet that the difference in weight is because of the runflats on the Gen III rims. Otherwise looks awesome.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! I may consider them for a B/W 96 gts. Where do you suggest looking for them, ebay?
JWbond, I have a set in excellent condition posted in the classifieds if you are interested. Check your PM

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm selling a set as well for about 1k less than currently in the classifieds. PM me if interested. my ad should be in the classifieds any day now.

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ebay is where I got them, although there are usually some in the classifieds on this site and the alley...

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look really sharp on your car. Will they fit a Gen II without using any adaptors or anything else? If memory serves me correctly you need to use adaptors to go from one gen to the next.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look really sharp on your car. Will they fit a Gen II without using any adaptors or anything else? If memory serves me correctly you need to use adaptors to go from one gen to the next.

I was thinking they were a direct swap to a Gen 1 or 2 with no adapters needed. "Backwards compatible" is the term they used

OP
OP
O

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it, Chad - direct fit. The only thing I did was repaint the back calipers with black epoxy since you can really see the brakes/rotors with these wheels vs. stock...