Gen IV Coupe?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the 2008 model will be a newly designed Gen IV, do you think (or know) if they will continue to produce coupes? Or, as in the past, will they start with a convertible and then release a new coupe a few years later? It would seem that discontinuing the coupes would waste a lot of resources in order to have just one year of production in 2006. Hmmmm...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure of the answer, but I was told DC really didn't want to make the coup just yet, but did because of so much demand from places like this site. I wouldn't be surprised if these coupes are a one year only model. JMO

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another board, a reliable insider said that prototypes for both body styles for the '08 have been built. I would guess this means they intend to release both at the same time.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll make the back of the SRT/10 look like the coupe :-(

Not a fan.

2005 Silver SRT/10

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The styling has been very difficult to pin down. I think there is a very small subset of employees that know anything about the new styling and DCX is taking leaks very seriously, canning those found to be involved. From a conversation with Ralph Gilles at SEMA regarding the relative appeal between the gen II and gen III it seemed that the styling will tend towards the curviness of the gen II and move away from the mechanical edges of the gen III. We saw a little of this with the back end of the SRT-10 Coupe. This is not to say that the styling of the gen III will be thrown away in favor of a gen II remake, however, but I think we will see a melding of the two styles.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The styling has been very difficult to pin down. I think there is a very small subset of employees that know anything about the new styling and DCX is taking leaks very seriously, canning those found to be involved. From a conversation with Ralph Gilles at SEMA regarding the relative appeal between the gen II and gen III it seemed that the styling will tend towards the curviness of the gen II and move away from the mechanical edges of the gen III. We saw a little of this with the back end of the SRT-10 Coupe. This is not to say that the styling of the gen III will be thrown away in favor of a gen II remake, however, but I think we will see a melding of the two styles.

That curvy look is GenI, GenII just borrowed it from us...(with the exception of the GTS roof and tail)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
403005.jpg

I think the lines of the Aston Martin Vanquish S, would be a great direction for DC to take, for an updated GTS look. It has the beefy wheel wells and hood, but with a more sophistication.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Astons are the best looking cars available right now. BUT, where do they go with their styling? All the models look almost identical. Even the Rapide show car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Astons are the best looking cars available right now. BUT, where do they go with their styling? All the models look almost identical. Even the Rapide show car.

I saw some of the new V8’s at a dealer in Miami yesterday, FANTASTIC looking. I was very impressed. Smaller than the DB9 but not that noticeable. If I came into some serious cash, an Aston Martin could pry me out of a Viper. Even with a loss in HP, I just think they reek of class & power. IMO

I’d love someone to Photoshop a Comp Coupe nose on one of them.

2005 Silver SRT/10

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
403005.jpg

I think the lines of the Aston Martin Vanquish S, would be a great direction for DC to take, for an updated GTS look. It has the beefy wheel wells and hood, but with a more sophistication.

2005 Silver SRT/10

I disagree. It is too sophisticated, European-looking, and that's not what the Viper is about.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2005 Silver SRT/10

I disagree. It is too sophisticated, European-looking, and that's not what the Viper is about.

I think the Gen III is much more sophisticated than the Gen II and I hope the Gen IV keeps it going in that direction. IMO

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the Gen III is much more sophisticated than the Gen II and I hope the Gen IV keeps it going in that direction. IMO

I agree, keep moving it forward- the Astons however, lack that in-your-face attitude that sets the Viper so far apart from the pretty Euros..
update the lights/hood and def the wheels(offer options instead of the polished wheels)

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope they release a coupe with the vert. Unlike some, I happen to really like the rear styling of the new coupe and I'm hoping that remains somewhat the same. However, I'll be glad to see re-designed body work on the front half of the car.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about that Vanquish front grill. Kinda has a "Billy Bass" mouth thing going there...

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been predicting that GM will fail, be purchased by Daimler-Chrysler, and the C7 Corvette and Gen IV Viper will be the same car. Well here it is:

Link to C7/Gen IV pic

Just so happens Ferrari stole the design for their upcoming 599 GTB Fiorano. Even has the same 600+ hp we are hoping for.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Ferrari front end looks like the Gen III. Not sure about DC buying GM but anything is possible.

Hoard your Vipers!

2005 Silver SRT/10

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Astons are luxury cars, vipers are performance cars. They shouldnt look the same, BTW the astons are nice except for the vanquish, in person there ugly.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Astons are luxury cars, vipers are performance cars. They shouldnt look the same, BTW the astons are nice except for the vanquish, in person there ugly.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just so happens Ferrari stole the design for their upcoming 599 GTB Fiorano. Even has the same 600+ hp we are hoping for.

I think it was the SRT Forum, they had pictures of the Fcar 599GTB side by side with a '90s Supra, the two cars looked almost identical aside from some flashy accents from Ferrari.... you would laugh hard if you saw how close they are. Talk about a rip-off.

My point is that this is rather blah syling from F-.